What Do You Trim And Save?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by darren reefnugs, Sep 24, 2014.

1. im going to be having a trim party soon and am curious on what parts i should save. 

do i save fan leaves for anything? they are yellowing and browinign off. i assume you just toss these

do i save the smaller leaves sticking out of the buds that DONT have frost on them? is there thc locked inside the leaf?

should i trim off some of the outer hairs and leaves with frost on them to give the buds better bag appeal (not that im selling any, but i want others to be jealous of my nice buds)

should i throw popcorn buds in with trim for hash/butter?

this ones a bit out there...i have had corn borers attacking my stems. they leave a sawdust liek material behind, i believe its their "poop".  should i just toss any nugs that have the sawdust stuff stuck on them? ive brushed off as much as i can and im not going to be smoking these nugs, but would YOU throw them out? or use them for hash, canna butter/oil?

2. Suger leaf and popcorn buds go into qwiso, If your 100% sure its bug poop on your buds chuck em, if you make a concentrate out of them buds you'll pull the oils out the poop n be smoking them... noice!

3. yeah thats what i have been ding...but it pains me to chuck nice looking nugs even if they have bug poo on them :(

4. get rid of all fan leaves before trimming, you do NOT want that to end up in your trim. make sure to trim off leaf tips, they will make your smoke harsh.