What do you think the world will looks like year 3000?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BLUNT420TRAUMA, Sep 21, 2013.

1. There's a few different possibilities, but here's the most optimistic.

1. Human population, after peaking at 9 billion in the mid-21st century has fallen all the way to 2-3 billion due to declining birth rates.
    2. Due to the influence of the Internet and other forms of instantaneous global communication, the nations of the world have blended together politically and culturally. Because of this, a de facto one-world-government exists, even if the individual nations technically retain sovereignty.
    3. Advanced medical technology has rendered virtually every disease curable and has halted aging once a person reaches adulthood. This leads to some interesting social changes.
    4. Self-sustaining colonies exist on both the Moon and Mars, possibly elsewhere. Although there will probably be no more then a few million people living off-world.
    5. Poverty is eliminated due to an extreme cost reduction of goods and services, and the greatly reduced population. Even the poorest individuals live the rough equivalent of a modern upper-middle class lifestyle.

2. Only a little worse ...

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efFl_EDXCW0

4. A wrecked ecosystem and a collapsed civilization.

5. #8 pickledpie, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

Without the hairy elephant of course... and the grass... perhaps the people and mountains as well... might as well remove the atmosphere too...

6. Why speak of that nonsense, the future *pfft* we all now the end times are near. Jesus is coming back y'all! So quit smoking that brain damaging devil's weed and repent before the lord's wrath consumes you and you'll have to recount all the sins you've commited before being thrown into the lake of fire!!!
    That fire as in dank marihuana:lol:

7. "Brain damaging devil's weed"

Now THAT is a Cannabis Cup winning strain right there! lol

8. I see cities and skyscrapers running rampant.  Humans will overtake the world of course.  We are depleting the earth, but we keep on trying to overcome death.

9. Which one?

10. maybe we'll become homogenized into brown slanted eye folks with curly hair.

11. We have the ability to shape this world into something future generations could be proud of, instead we live as if no one will live after us.  When I look at  my kids, I feel a deep sadness for them because they are going to have to make sense out of what we took for granted.

12. I'm just gonna go with this guy on this one stephen kings says "earth is doomed and we need to gtfo soon"

I think by that time, earth might go back to being a huge ball of fire or just an overall uninhabitable place. And humans? Well we've either got to burn or fly away~

13. #16 A AnoesisOrange, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nxMrRXHqpo

Once upon a time at the foot of a great mountain,
    there was a town where the people known as Happyfolk lived,
    their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world,
    obscured as it was by great clouds.
    Here they played out their peaceful lives,
    innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below.
    To live in harmony with the spirit of the mountain called Monkey was enough.
    Then one day Strangefolk arrived in the town.
    They came in camouflage, hidden behind dark glasses, but no one noticed them: they only saw shadows.
    You see, without the Truth of the Eyes, the Happyfolk were blind.

Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes
    Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
    Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
    Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead,
    the dance of the dead,
    the dance of the dead

In time, Strangefolk found their way into the higher reaches of the mountain,
    and it was there that they found the caves of unimaginable Sincerity and Beauty.
    By chance, they stumbled upon the Place Where All Good Souls Come to Rest.
    The Strangefolk, they coveted the jewels in these caves above all things,
    and soon they began to mine the mountain, its rich seam fueling the chaos of their own world.
    Meanwhile, down in the town, the Happyfolk slept restlessly,
    their dreams invaded by shadowy figures digging away at their souls.
    Every day, people would wake and stare at the mountain.
    Why was it bringing darkness into their lives?
    And as the Strangefolk mined deeper and deeper into the mountain,
    holes began to appear, bringing with them a cold and bitter wind that chilled the very soul of the monkey.
    For the first time, the Happyfolk felt fearful for they knew that soon the Monkey would stir from its deep sleep.
    And then came a sound. Distant first, it grew into castrophany so immense it could be heard far away in space.
    There were no screams. There was no time.
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken.
    There was only fire.
    And then, nothing.

O little town in U.S.A, your time has come to see
    There's nothing you believe you want
    But where were you when it all came down on me?
    Did you call me now?

14. #17 SuperSilverDaze, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    Well, the most exciting things will happen to a goofy not-too-bright guy and his robot friend who work for a delivery service in New New York (built on the ruins of old New York). We'll also be called earthicans.

15. We'll probably blow ourselves up by then

16. No government will exist, humans will govern their selves on a first hand moral basis, we'll all love one another.  Coercion, power, and war will be a thing of the past.
    Money will not exist, humans will learn to share and create things themselves.  People will work where and when they want rather than where and when they don't want.
    Like OP said, aging will be a thing of the past with use of drugs that are currently available, yet highly illegal in today's society.
    Humans will learn to fly with the power of their minds.

But I truthfully believe all this will happen in under 30 years.  It's possible, it's just up to us to make the change.

17. The earth will be renewed, Christ will be reigning, and I'll be chillaxing in the New Jerusalem. Happy, Happy, Happy.