What do you think of streets, roads, and cars?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by ScriabinAnime, Apr 3, 2013.

1. #1 ScriabinAnime, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    Though I've been an aware environmentalist for a while, streets and cars have been gradually maddening me more and more with each passing day. Every time I walk outside, I am physically/mentally conscious of the toxic aura that streets emanate. It has come to the point where I occasionally decide to stay inside when I otherwise would not.

Even if I am yards away from a street, the toxic ether is distinct. It deteriorates my body, it shortens my lifespan. Scattered plant-life merely dilutes the smog, but it remains smog.

Streets alone, without cars, are pavements of void; obstacles to soil and vegetation. It is also solidified toxic itself, though it disperses minimally.

Automobiles: Poison spewing combustion machines that complete the purpose of streets. They relocate people from point A to point B, and little more. Is it really worth the rape of our planet? The shift from meadows and pastures to degradation and desolation? Are streets existentially contingent to progress?

Streets/cars not only hinder and poison our vegetative atmosphere, but they also fence/deprive animals zones, and insofar kill them, though we consider roadkill trivial.

I feel as though the majority of even more level-minded people are not aware of this negative aura.

2. they killed people and should be regulated more

3. I think it's all wack as fuck!

None of us asked for modern society, I think lots of us are longing for the Natural lifestyle and environment that our ancestors grew up in and that formed our DNA and who we are as animals.

But hey- Welcome to the 21st century! It's not going anywhere in our lifetimes so might as well learn to live with it. Or learn to live away from it- theres still plenty of wilderness left even in America you just gotta go find it. Then you gotta blaze up in it and lose yourself in it to find yourself. though after a long wilderness blaze sesh im always grateful that I can come back to town and buy foods and snacks at a gas station

4. I love em but then again Im a car fanatic. I get that they harm the environment or whatever but I also look at the good things they bring. We can now move things and ship things at fast speed because of them.

5. Unless we're moving products with elephants, then yes, vehicles provide a huge impact on progress

Driving is exhilarating. Yeah it sucks that we don't live in the 1800's where our lifespan's were even shorter than they are now, riding around on a horse in the freezing cold, but hey, excelling in your own society is never a bad thing

6. move to the sticks and live off the land, problem solved :smoking:

7. what do i think of streets, roads, and cars?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0AG10waJc]LA Street Drifting (Chasing Status) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13C3n3NTV3o]Japan : Street Life[/ame]

only the greatest inventions ever.

the problem isnt cars, its the number of cars. driving tests are a fucking joke, we need to have driving tests like they do in finland and ban automatic transmissions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnYGhAXbDsM]Over the Edge: Finnish Driver's License - YouTube[/ame]

8. You think cars are bad? Go hang around an airport.

9. I've had similar thoughts lately. When I go for a run and an 18-wheeler drives by I instantly have hate towards all vehicles!

Ahahaha