What do you think about yourself

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by John Lennon, Mar 15, 2012.

  1. Im high right now and whenever I smoke I feel like "just normal" . I dont think im special while sober but while im stoned i always have this "point of view" that makes me look like a lot of people and feel just a normal person"
     
  2. im a weird guy when im in comfortable situations. and im reserved in uncomfortable ones. theres some things i dont like about me but i try and love myself as much as possible because im the most important thing i have and i know i stand out but i try and consider it a gift rather than a flaw
     
  3. Weed is truth brother
     
  4. i wish i could figure myself out...
     
  5. I'm too nice. And i have an anger problem, in which i very very rarely even get angry.

    I see it as a positive, but some might think it's unhealthy. :confused_2:
     
  6. I am fucking amazing - duh.
     
  7. ^^haha...right on :smoke: marked for later...more to say but have to run
     
  8. I think very lowly of myself. I cant help it, I think I'm ugly. I mean I'm nice to everybody and wouldn't ever judge someone as ugly or anything but I hate myself and I have never told anyone.
     

  9. This problem is simple to solve. First, recognize there is an "I" that hates yourself. You said it above. If there is an "I" hating on your collective self, then who are you really? Are you the "I" or the self? Think about it. Decide if you are your body, your emotions and passions, your cultural conditioning, your desires, etc or if you are the awareness that is enveloped, deep inside those concepts?
     
  10. I have concerns about my mental state and I wish I weren't so damn skinny.

    But nothing to hate myself over, gotta love everyone including yourself :wave:
     
  11. i think that i am on my way to all of the knowledge and love of the universe. i am perfectlly unperfect :)
     
  12. [quote name='"PeruvianDank"']

    This problem is simple to solve. First, recognize there is an "I" that hates yourself. You said it above. If there is an "I" hating on your collective self, then who are you really? Are you the "I" or the self? Think about it. Decide if you are your body, your emotions and passions, your cultural conditioning, your desires, etc or if you are the awareness that is enveloped, deep inside those concepts?[/quote]

    I kind of understand what you are saying, i am both "I" and myself obviously. I just can't look at myself positively, I'm only just coming to terms with it even though it has been with me since I was a kid. I have a lot of friends and nobody hates me, I don't think I've ever even been made fun of by anyone cause I'm nice to everybody.
     
  13. a test, live your life like you always have. but never, and I mean never look in a mirror for a week.
     

  14. huh...
     
  15. I'm too damn shy around people I don't know. I'm just awkwardly silent most of the time.
     
  16. i notice alot of people with self-esteem issues, and it usually boils down to 'the way they look'. hell nothing could be wrong with the way they look, they are just comparing themselves too much to others. so forget the way you look and just enjoy life. you are your mind, and half your mother and half your father is your body.
     
  17. Try to be at a point where you think of yourself what you intend to be...you will become that.
    Live what you want.
    That is my view...that is all. :smoke:

    ps I think of myself as an explorer..given the mind and tools to do so...living while Im young.
     
  18. It's funny how this whole thread is all psychology.

    I think I'm an alright kinda guy.
     
  19. haha^ decide to like yourself, those that dont...might as well :smoke:
     

  20. What are the effects of this? I usually only look in the mirror right before I head to school to see if eyes are red/anything on face and then in my weight lifting class because the whole room's pretty much a mirrored box. I find myself not letting myself look into mirrors at school because I know I'll get self-conscious and HAVE to fix something about me, which is usually why I don't because I know I don't need to.

    Gotta say though around people I'm comfortable with I'm 100% myself even if there's a few I'm not too close with, and it's always awesome. But around people I'm not that comfortable with I'd say I'm about 75% myself, the other 25% is awkwardness, and self-consciousness. Which I don't see why I am even self-conscious because I know that it doesn't matter at all. I really do wish I could figure myself out though.

    If I could sum myself up: funny, happy, outgoing
     
Loading...

Share This Page