What do you think about enlisting in the army or air force something like that?

Discussion in 'General' started by panflake, Jan 7, 2011.

1. my fams currently paying for my college but there is no more moneyand im job searching and ill have to miss a semester or two of college so it looks like thats my only option.Like that would be the best option

2. I would not suggest it man... They really own your ass once you put your name on the line. You can definitely find a job, maybe go to community for a bit to get some credits out of the way(cheaply). I've had a lot of friend's of mine come back all fucked up.

3. Naw fuck that, I'm not gonna kill innocent people for some big fat fuck sitting at his throne back here. Fuck no.

4. i go to a junior college. ive been lookin for a job for a while so im kinda in that hopeless stage and it seems like if i were to go it would be easier for my fam

5. Join the Marines

6. I thought about joining the reserves. 1 weekend a month doing drills... 2 weeks a year in the summer. You still get paid for your weekends, and some college money, seemed like a decent gig.

But I was on antidepressants a few years ago, and that makes me inelgiable. Buncha jerks.

7. I'm enlisted in the Marine Corps. Leaving in a little over a month for boot, also my best friend is air force. It al depends what you're looking for I guess

8. I would never fight in a war that I didn't agree with.

And I could never willingly kill another person.

In my english class they showed us some of the training you go through, they classically condition you to kill without feeling any type of remorse and to remove your feelings basically from everything, and the training itself fucks a lot of people up.

Not for me.

9. bro he didnt say he wanted to go kill people or be in a job to get killed. there are plenty of jobs in both that are straight but i would suggest air force if you can get in or the navy fuck the army. oh and no more ganja smoke but if you want to and can do it man. you get to fuck bitches all over the world and see the world too i guess haha

10. Thats why they are the toughest soldiers in the military

11. and the least functional in real life :rolleyes:

12. well ofcores how the fuck r u gonna be a solider and be sensitive to killing people.

oh and you would willingly kill another person if they were doing their best to try and kill you.
    am i right??

13. I wouldn't want to be desensitized to killing people.

Yes I would fight for my life, but I would never put myself in the situation knowing that the chances of someone wanting to kill me are very probable.

Hence my answer of NO I would never join the army.

14. First off don't listen to people saying "it's a bad idea" those are generally the ones who couldn't tough it out.

The military is a great idea. Pays for college, and provides you with a nice lump of money if you are financially smart. It's a great idea considering the economy today.

15. For some people it's a great choice for others its a huge mistake you just gotta decide what group you are in. Just make sure you think it through and don't rush into a decision that you might regret, don't allow feeling like your options are limited to possibly push you into a decision that is wrong for you. It's not like you can just quit if you made a mistake think it through

16. Just take a look at each branch before you make your decision. The above poster was 100% correct. The military is not for everyone.

Each branch has a different lifestyle. I'm shipping out April for the Navy.:wave:

17. Was in the Marines for a good period of my life, loved it and military was one of the best experiences of my life and has made me a MUCH better person for it.

18. You can't just say don't listen. Yeah there's benefits like all the money they give you, all the schooling they pay for, there's a lot of people who join the military, do fine, and then come out with money, knowledge, and school ahead of them.

Then there's the other side of the coin, the people that die or are wounded, (survival rate if wounded is now 90% as opposed to 50% in WWII and 70% in Vietnam) the ones that are never the same because of what they saw.

You just have to decide what you want to do.

19. That's why you pick a branch that avoids ground warfare. Airforce or Navy. With much respect to the Marine Corps and Army for everything they've done.

20. just cant do it because of the things the US military does. airforce if i was forced though.