What Do You See In The Mirror ?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PunkSka8erV2, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Have never had that weird feeling when looking at yourself in The Mirror that The reflection doesent really represent You ? Tve real You ? Not The mask You put In front of people ? I dare anyone To look at themselves in The Mirror for 40 secondes without saying a words just look intoo Your own eyes And see How You feel And d'escribe It . We are the only species In earth that need To see out reflection in a Mirror everyday, most animals dont have that egotestic side of them, In fact most animals dont even know that they are looking at themselves when they look in The Mirror . We have been so used to believing that What We see in The Mirror is us when In fact its just our physical manifestation , our true is more that that its tve person We are deep down In our mind when theres no one around us And that We no longer need To put on that mask called ego

• Like Like x 5
  2. I see my avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So Your wearing a mask ... Batman

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes, and a very distinct double chin.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I know what you are saying OP.

I was just thinking of the trippy aspect of mirrors in general yesterday.

P.s. dont be an Odin poser/imposter

• Like Like x 2
  6. What youv been smoking ? Because I myself think of that stuff when sober its Like my mind is always high :p ps : dont You dare calling out The powerfull odin !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gorilla Glue to be exact, beautiful white buds!

Well i was listening to someone describe phase conjugate mirrors, where a single beam doesnt bounce off at an equal and opposite angle but always bounces directly back at the source no matter the angle. Now if you interfere multiple beams you can get a resultant beam reflect in unique directions.

There is only one lord of the eyepatch, and he does not share power!

8. Is it vision or weirdness ? Truth or fiction ? Black or yellow ?. One potato two potato blue foot in .

9. I see glass..

10. I've been once inside the mirror.

The hard part was getting back out.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice ! Deep stuff ! My son I betray you !

• Like Like x 2
  12. father !

• Like Like x 1
  13. About 2-3 years ago I had a profound experience looking in the mirror. I looked at my left eye, consequently my left side. Looked at my right eye/side. Woah, two different people/mannerisms/omfg. I felt out each side and noticed my right was far less active in feeling. I went upstairs, poured water in a glass, all I could manage to feel was the left side. I literally tilted myself right and all I was presented with was feelings down the throat on the left.

I've been on a long road since then, but that set off a quest in my spiritual progression.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. Don't ya just hate when that happens?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Looking at yourself in the eyes in front of a mirror can be desturbing because you see the real you not the external aspect

• Like Like x 1
  16. When I look at myself in the mirror, I think I see different things. I see a normal person, with nice blonde hair and blue eyes. Sometimes they look nervous, sad, or really tired, but they mostly look awake and friendly. I think about the experiences this person has had, including the successes and failures, and overall they're a really nice person.

But it's amazing how that disappears when I try to see myself without the mirror lately. I'm going through a rough patch (don't worry I'm only 21). I'm getting screened for ADHD and some anxiety disorders. I know plenty of people with mental disorders, but when you suddenly realize that you've been living with some your whole life, you start to wonder how your disorder has shaped you. When I spend time by myself, I really start to see what sets me apart. It's odd.

We're so different around other people. Communication frequently necessitates that we summarize our thoughts in a meaningful way in order to be understood. But aren't you bending the thought? It's tough to monitor what you say to avoid offending someone. There's a lot of feeling involved in communication, and I like that part the best. It's a face to face thing. So you can see each other's eyes.

Full circle fuck yeah

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  17. I try not to look. Only when I shave. Self esteem is a fragile thing. :confusedalt:

18. Man, fuck all those labels they want to give you. I too thought when I was growing up something was not right with me. What benefit does it do to day you have adhd? Really, you gunna take a pill now? You gunna monitor your _______ levels. Here's the answer: be careful of what you eat, be careful of how/what you think, when in situations you are hyper, take a step back and evaluate. Always take a step back and evaluate, then throw yourself back in it.

Think about it, what is a disorder anyway? When I was young I never knew how to tell someone what I was feeling to get a proper diagnosis on whether it was a "cold" or some other term. Just work on it yourself as it pays dividends in the end.

19. Dude, if you really have ADHD then something is wrong with you. Sorry man. ADHD isn't just some bullshit you can brush off your shoulder. It's not something you grow out of. Read about it if you don't believe me. I tried that stepping back and evaluating shit for years and all it does it keep me from doing anything cause I can't stop over thinking everything.

If it works for you, that's cool.
    I'm moving forward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1