Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you prefer? Scissors or Grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thefour20man, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Ive been smoking/vaping for quite a while now, and ive noticed that some people use scissors and some people use grinders. I for one love the scissors style of cutting up bud, just because i dont like it completely shake. I also think that grinding up the bud takes a whole lot of the trichs off the bud and i am not okay with that haha. Anyway whats your guys take on this? :smoke:

2. For blunts/joints and bowls I prefer to have it in the grinder so its easier to roll and distribute evenly. I use scissors for the bong though, I like the weed mostly intact for that.

3. Keif is a wonderful thing to have. Grinder for me.

4. Depends, at home I use a grinder and when I am out I will use my nails and fingers.

5. Yeah i tend to grind it up for the joints, but for blunts, bowls and bongs i gotta go with scissors. :smoke:

6. Grinder.

7. Scissors all day every day.

8. I enjoy using scissors a lot more than using a grinder, but i find that high quality grinders are a lot more effective + they have a kief catcher.

9. Just get a kif box :)

10. Word. IMO the kief you accumulate in grinders is not nearly as good as kief you would get from a silk screen or kief box.

When you grind the nugs i'd imagine some of the trich heads are absolutely pulverized during the grinding. To each his own though

11. Grinder with kief catch.

12. Technically scissors, but I use pruning shears. Smaller, sharper, and they give me a ton of control over my cuts.

13. Ya, I use a grinder for that reason too.

14. Grinder. I had no idea people used scissors for cutting up their bud, hah, gonna try that in a couple minutes.

15. I use scissors and then decarb my weed. I can crumble it into dust if I want.

16. Scissors then grinder.

17. I use a grinder just because I have one. Its a funny grinder with the bars and stripes (sp?) on it. I don't know what Good Ol' Southern boy bought the grinder but I have it now.

real quick a story on how I got it... in my friends car, in passenger, I look over into the door, you know how some cars have those like pocket thing in the door? Well I looked into that and there was the grinder. I pulled it out and showed it to my friend, he goes, "wow never seen that before, I have no idea who's that is, but because you don't have one you can have it." I was really stoked, then I opened it up to find about 2 bowls worth of Kief in it!

That was a good day. But i never heard of people using scissors, maybe I'll try it next time I can smoke.

18. used to have a shot glass and a pair of small scissors for me bud...these days I have invested in a grinder...£2...had to save up fer that :)

19. if its nice and dry a grinder, but if its that sticky shit it has to be scissors