What do you look for before starting a guerilla grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CatsLoveAcid, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Yeah it carries a stiff penalty ...
    One hell of a ass Beating..I'm not a bad man
    But the Rage I would feel over someone
    Trespassing on me and stealing my plants ?
    Oh you don't want to know...

2. Understandable. Most of the "guerilla growers" are people with no land growing weed on other peoples property or state land. You may have a lot of land but if your growing your own weed on your own land, i dont consider it "guerilla growing".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Respectfully I get where your coming from
    But ya still gotta hide it around here due to rippers.
    Just because it's land I'm on cause it's in the
    family, doesn't necessarily mean it's easy Going
    YOU STILL GOTTA COMBAT THE THIEVES...
    which means camping out on the final month
    Before Harvest..
    You might meet one, that's not so bad really,
    They mostly get scared and run.
    It's when there's 2-3-4 Of them sneaking in
    That's where it gets dicey and dangerous AF.
    And it takes nerves, let me tell ya..
    I remember about 3 years ago a couple of us had a big patch way off in the middle of friggin nowhere, absolutely desolate..
    Barely ever seen a car on that road
    So we would park about a mile from there and walk in in Camo about a hour before daylight
    Check on it, being mindful of our clothing smell
    And then get the hell out of there ASAP.
    Well I had to camp there due to his job taking up all his time at that point..
    Got supplies for a month, (September the 20th)
    Till (October the 20th)..

It was the most peace I had in my life...
    Except the bugs...they sucked

4. You can bet your ass if someone happens to see it they will be back yo confiscate. Especially if its close to harvest time.
    Many years ago I had a few plants on property that wasnt mine or families.
    While going to check on my shiznit I discovered that someone had taken my plants. While investigating I soon realized that it was the law that had compromised my site .
    During my investigation i also realized that the wake county PD had also discovered a very nice grow site across the dirt road from my 2 plants.
    In their haste to confiscate the plants in the larger site they left multible plants with one limb on the stalk that they failed to chop. So when budding time came there were quite a few plants that had reached full maturity loaded with buds.
    Apparently no one knew of this site but the original grower and myself and a friend and of course the local county PD.
    We assumed that the original grower was spooked by all the law and the media coverage the bust received and had hauled ass . We discovered the grow several days after the cops confiscated all the plants.....it was way out in the country and it just happened to be across the country road where my parents lived .
    The bust happened just prior to budding time.
    The cops went in with machetes and hacked down everything but in their haste they left quite a few plants that had a single limb below where they cut with the machetes basically leaving a whole plant to develope and it did.
    When harvest time came my friend and I went back down their and harvested a substantial amount of high quality sativa .
    What was so funny the local cops had left business cards in the grow area telling us that if we wanted the weed back to contact them and they'd work out something for us.
    What we did was to confiscate all the weed at the site that they mistakenly left and took one of their business cards and took a Polaroid picture with our bounty and the business card and sent it by USPS to the police department .
    That was my biggest fuck you to the local cops to date. !
    That happened in 1985 and shortly after my parents moved from that area never to return

• Like Like x 2
  5. The freakshow strain let me down this week. 3 out of 4 plants were male. Now im only growing a single plant in my big 4×8 tent.

6. Bro it's a thousand times easier to just start with
    Feminized seeds, saves a lot of headaches

7. #27 Johnny Cage, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    My seeds evidently must be great because they sink in record time, develope tap roots at record time...so I can just imagine how they will grow once I plant them later tonight and set them on the heating pad..my grow is up on a high mountain, but also wide the fuck open and absolutely gets hammered by the sun from 8 AM
    Until About 7 PM in the evening...
    I got a hell of a chicken wire Fence going up there as soon it it's time for the girls to be transplanted.. 5 foot high using 6 foot long quality Bamboo stakes and zip ties to secure it..
    Also decided on 6 foot Bamboo stakes for My plant stakes...I'm hoping all this work is worth
    It....
    Made a month long super soil for the first month of their transplant by combining. Roots organic original Soil mixed with the following........
    Worm Castings High level Compost
    Chicken Manure Mycorrhizae. And extra chunky perlite.

8. They were labelled as femenized. With only one tent I need it to stay full at bloom.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 Johnny Cage, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    I just germinated my seeds and they all showed tap roots, and 90 percent have already popped up above soil to be honest I've never seen seeds pop that fast

10. I've been guerilla growing for years in the same spot and not on private property. If you are growing in a forest or woods the most important thing is finding a water source. If you have to mule the water in then I recommend growing in containers like a garbage can. Growing in a garbage can will require much less water. You have to find a spot that is well hidden, off the beaten path, away from where people go. The spot must get direct sunlight for a good part of the day. Protect the plants from gophers, rabbits or other small animals that will destroy them. Make sure that you will get plenty of darkness at night, no street lights or other lights that can keep them from going into flower. Hope nobody finds them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lmao what you any where near the se ? I need some. Land to grow on

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. There’s always an option of strapping to a tree 25+ feet up. Paint your pots the same color as the trunks. Depending on the tree you’ll get plenty of light. A simple thin drip line up the trunk to the pot. Use a battery powered drill pump when coming to water.

Have a friend, helping him find a spot along the west coast of Fl. There’s tons of open woods/ under brush in all these salt spring parks ect. Only issue here is the sandy soil. Good for citrus not so much cannabis. Our issue here is the size the plants will be come harvest. 10+ feet if not managed. So he must visit at least weekly, water, and super crop continually.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. #33 DeKind, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Oh, one more thing I forgot to say: TELL NOBODY!! Even people you trust might blab to someone who will think nothing of taking it. Remember this simple law of guerilla growing: "It never belongs to you until you harvest it and take it home". It could be found by someone, killed by animals, spotted by law enforcement infested with insects or mold or any number of other things that you can dream up could happen. But it can be done with very little work. I pulled out a bit more than 1 pound last year out of my forest spot but my plants didn't get that large, I got started late and they got far too many overcast days. I'm growing in cans, visiting them about once every 10 days or if I have something special to do. Don't blaze a clear trail to them, be stealth. I use plastic or nylon bird net to keep rats, gophers, and rabbits from eating them but I'm sure there are other methods to protect them. This year I should do much better. I have 5 plants, feminized photo-period seeds purchased from a seed bank in my spot, growing nicely so far. just hoping for sunny days ahead.

Another tip, don't grow "skunk" or strong smelling pot, it will attract animals and make them more prone to being found, grow different strains, so it's not all done at the same time and doesn't all ripen at the same time, if possible.

14. I've walked through bush and fainforest as deep as I can without a compass or gps. I find chip packets, old clothes, kitchen cutlery. People must wonder about anywhere. I've never found a suitable gorilla grow spot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ha! Yea, well, where I live there are tons of suitable spots but very few suitable sites with a water source and carrying water to a remote spot is difficult to say the least, even growing in containers. My spot does have a water source but nobody has ever found it.

16. Well I'm growing super skunk outdoors
    But right now at almost 4 weeks it's Auto Sour Snow Toni that absolutely Reeks Cat piss and Fresh RoadKill Skunk.
    Why the hell is she so gosh awful stinky at such a young age ???

17. I once came close to growing in a national park
    Then my good sense got a hold of me
    And I said hell no, federal Prison doesn't have a good ring to it. When your young and stupid you will just about try anything once lol

18. I did throw thousands of seeds around my local protected forest. Starting just metres from the car park. I wasn't planning on harvesting anything, just being a trouble maker actually.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I might do that right before I move away
    Just for shits and giggles..not good seeds
    Just crap ass bag seed....

20. Well did you get anything from the seeds you threw out ?