What do you like to read?

Discussion in 'General' started by Grim Bongmaster, Oct 14, 2004.

1. I really enjoy reading, I was wondering what you blades were reading, and your personal favorites.

Right now I am reading The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper. It's pretty good, the indians sure like to toke up in this book.

some of my favorites are
    Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
    Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
    The Chamber by John Grisham
    and if you want to call them books my entire collection of calvin and hobbes :D

2. Currently Reading The Plague by Camus..

Past Favorites:

Fear and Loathing
    The Stranger
    Great Gatsby
    Christine

too many weird random books.. haven't found much time for reading most recently tho.. unfortunately..

3. never been really into fiction... the few ive read include the Hobbit and LotR Series, Deathwatch (short but good) and not much else, other than assigned books in high school (Of Mice and Men, The Crucible, To Kill a Mocking Bird etc...)

Non Fiction I looove!

Rare Earth (discusses the likelyhood of another habital planet in the universe based on the conditions of ours, excellent read, especially if you have a little background of biology. Written almost like a story)

the sequal, written by the same fellows; The Life and Death of Plant Earth (using geographical history and science, predicts the end of the planet in about 500 billion years and the factors leading up to it, very cool.)

Six Degrees: The Science of a Connected world (chaos theory explored, using some very interesting examples along the way, like what would happen if the garbage trucks in New York quit for a single day.)

and one more!! I forgot what it was called, lent it to a friend, AWESOME book.

Chronicles a mans journey as a marijuana farmer on an island off the coast of BC. Its his journal and was fascinating! From his beginning desier to leave civilization and grow on his own, to his final cropping, i was hooked the whole way through. Ill try to get the name... i recommend it to everyone.

Bingo! Found it on Amazon.com

Romancing Mary Jane: A Year in the Life of a Failed Marijuana Grower

read it, youll love it.

4. ummmm im reading this book called cat its about a teenage boy who gets ditched by both rents but the parents dont know that each other left so now the boy is by him self with a kit car left in the garage by his dad, so he fix's it up and goes on a road trip and meets a veitnam hippie who has tones of good stories .. the book is alot of fun so far .. other then that I keep it simple nothing to big on books but I scower the net for political opionions, religiouse beliefs, peoples opinions (grasscity), theories , ect fun fun

5. Currently reading:

Grasscity forums. :D

6. For real? That's what I'm f'in reading too!!!!! Imagine that! :D

7. haha didnt think of that :p

i read A TON on the internet. all day. everyday.

90% of it may be bullshit and lies, but hey, its making me smarter one way or another :D

8. i like comics including jthm, calvin and hobbes and the farside and mad magazine

9. hell yea! calvin and hobbes is what got me into reading... I have the entire collection as well, and read them almost daily

As for books, I just like odd books

The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson is what I finished yesterday, awesome book. I think Hunter S. Thompson has to be my fav. author.
    then things like
    Breakfest of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut (spl?)
    K-Pax by Gene Brewer
    A lot of Stephen King books (but not all, some suck bad IMO)
    Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs... This book is definitely not for the faint of heart, reminds me a lot of Guts by... uh whats his name, the guy that wrote Fight Club (another good book)

Then a lot of magazines, espcially PC Gamer, Popular Science, and Rolling Stone... btw, PC Gamer is probably one of the most entertaining magazines I've ever read

10. During my years as an adolescent I have read everything of H.P. Lovecraft. Since that period I still have a preference for horror/the supernatural, so (the early) Stephen King and Dean Koontz belong to my favorites. Apart from them there are a lot of Dutch authors I like.
    One of the best novels I've ever read however are 'Secret history' from Donna Tart and 'The perfume' from Süsskind.
    Peace.

11. I was always big on sci fi, I've been heavily influenced by Asimov and Douglas Adams.

12. I read Harry Potter, I know most people think it's trash but I love it. It's some bugged out shit to think about after you smoke

13. Favs:
    Fight Club
    Fear and Loathing
    Lord of the Rings trillogy
    Dune (the first one only)
    Dharma Punx
    High Fidelity
    And a lot more, I read a lot.

14. almost sounds like a list of favourite movies :D the books always better tho isnt it.

15. man, i can never finish that book!

16. I read the Harry Potter books sometimes.

I've read LoTR trilogy 3 times lol.

I just finished "The Da Vinci Code" it was really good, I loved it.

17. definitely stuff and fhm... i love those magazines, i have subscriptions to both :D

books...
    -a clockwork orange (made me start using the slang in real life, i had to slap myself each time i did, haha)
    -war of the rats (long ass book, but every part is awesome. ever seen enemy at the gates? it was based off wotr)
    ...and i think everyones mentioned all the others

18. 'the doors of perception' and 'heaven and hell' by aldous huxley, 'brave new world' was interesting too but not quite my style....
    what dreams my come is good i forget the author at the moment, if youve ever seen the movie just imagine a much more vivid dream based and thought provoking version with lots of discriptive material of heaven and hell.

19. any of John Grishams earlier works