What do you guys think of this setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by rentalgrower, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Alright I am in the process of putting my wardobe closet togeather and this is whats going in

Hood: w/400w hps/mh
    Hi-Tech Garden Supply

Inline fan:
    High Tech Garden Supply
    and
    High Tech Garden Supply
    Carbon Filter:
    High Tech Garden Supply

The closet it 71" tall, 41" long and 20" depth. 133 cf. I will be using that fan which is 450cfm. Will be using a fan controller as well. It will go ==Hood====carbon filter===fan==exit top outside cabnet. I will be drilling a passive 3" intake on the bottom with a grill to keep it stealth and filter out dust and so on coming in. Where i live it can see 115 in summer outside. So HEAT IS A ISSUE! That is partly why i used a big ass fan. I will have a 2 fans inside moving air around as well. Looking to grow 5-6 plants. I dont have room in width but i have lots of room in height so i wont be using lst. What do you guys think of this setup? I would really like to hear some imput.

Little extra things I will be using
    Hi-low hood adjusters. Mylar, Going to try to get 3 gallow square pots as they will fit better in the room and a humidafier sense we get dry heat.
    Do you guys think i should switch from the hood I posted above to a cool tube. Will it make that much of a diff with a sealed vented hood or a cool tube sense heat is a issue. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. How can i get 64 looks and not one fucking reply?? Did 64 noobs look? Yet when someone ask can i grow a plant with 1 cfl you guys are all over that shit

3. #3 Bohbo, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    Ever hear the saying, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar"?

4. you know this is a fine setup, sorry people aren't all over your nuts. this will work.

5. nice space you can do some amazing things in there.. largest yield would be scrog would it not? how are u planning on growing exactly? :hello: good luck positive vibes

6. i'd say build yourself a cool tube since your temps are so high outside. And im a noob.

7. I have a similar setup except i use a lumatek ballast and easy cool 6 hood, today it is very fucking hot outside and my veggers are at 83, I am about to go drop 300 bucks the home depot on a portable AC.

8. Nah.. Just alot of noobs posting useless threads. :)

I know I speak for my self.. and Alot of other blades on this.. You want replies, you want feed back? Post up some damn pics and Be patient, Give more details. Specs, Plants Etc..

Or we can go with your theory and say every one that viewed, are total noobs. ;)

:smoking:

But.. nice setup?

9. looks solid. Except that's a pretty large fan for that area... Especially if you're planning on sleeping anywhere near the closet. I'd go with a 4" fan. I use a 6" fan for 800W hps and about 250W CFL and it's works fine but it's noisy.

10. You are using similar dimmensions to my setup. I am getting the hgs 400hps as well.

About the cooltube.. Many people are telling me thats the best way if you have to battle with high temperatures so I would get it, especially if you have 115 degree temp.