What do you guys think of this piece?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by kcaZ, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I was browsing ioffer, and found this piece and was thinking about picking it up.

[​IMG]

I can get it for about $150 shipped to me, do you guys think its worth it?
    It's listed as "BIOHAZARD RASTA DOME PERCOLATOR BONG".

The ad is located here.

2. Never heard of the company, but that looks like 5mm boro to me (just checked the ad and it is). The only thing that looks a bit "meh" is the downstem, but if you slap an Alex K or an SG Gridded on that badboy (another $40ish,) you'll be good to go.

I'd say buy it.

3. Thanks for the insight, I'm not really familiar with any of this, just thought it looked cool, and wasn't too crazy. Been waiting to get a Bubbilicious Bong from GS, but it doesn't seem like its ever gonna come back in stock lol.

4. Absolutely. A quick google will take you to somewhere that sells Alex K, just wait until you get the bong in the mail, measure the downstem, and buy the Alex K version.

5. That's a good price for that even if dome percs aren't the best. You'll probably want to get an SG gridded downstem because if you got an Alex K you would have to tilt the bong to get maximum diffusion with the downstem while affecting the dome perc's ability to diffuse. With an SG downstem you don't have to tilt it and you can hit the bong straight up and down.

Edit: But the only SG downstems are 18>14 so that might restrict the airflow a bit, an Alex K would still be a great choice.

6. i am anti beaker

straight tubes for life.

7. [quote name='"KiefSweat"']i am anti beaker

straight tubes for life.[/quote]

Just curious why?

8. Thanks, I'll have to look into it some more. Great help though.

Again, thank you. I'm gonna look into both of them, and I'll contact the seller regarding the size, to see exactly what would be best.

Have any suggestions, I'm a straight up n00b when it comes to this.

9. well, in my line of research, these are things i find wrong with beakers. my own opinions.
    i personaly dont like thge amount of water it takes just to cover the diffusers.
    i dont like the bottomless round like bottom on it, i like straight tube support haha
    they are a bit harder to clean, and tehchambers are usualy to huge.

my personal reasons for likeing straight tubes. less water to put in. hefty bottom support so its harder to knock over.
    and just
    looks alot ccooler than abeaker bottom.
    get a 2 footer man. 2 feet of smoke is aesome.
    and you can budget aroyund 150 bucks