What do you guys do for fun- hobby wise? (need help)

Discussion in 'General' started by onehitwonder38, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Since winter break is coming up, I'm looking for some ideas of things I can do to pass the time and was wondering what sort of things you guys are into?

I ask because ever since I went to college (I'm a sophomore) I have no desire or motivation to do anything anymore. I go to a prestigious school ranked in the top 25 which I had no desire to even come to in the first place but came here because it ended up being my cheapest option.

Anywho, a combination of being unhappy to be here in the first place and a ridiculous work load I've just become so burnt out to the point where I don't enjoy anything in life anymore and I don't know how to fix it, because I'm either too lazy or unmotivated to do anything after my work is done.

It's gotten to the point to where I don't even know what I like to do. I used to like reading and used to be pretty crafty when I was younger (I'm a girl btw, so scrap-booking and sewing and stuff). I don't find joy in anything anymore except smoking weed and pigging out on pizza then going to the gym/on runs at night while high. I won't be able to smoke nearly as much over break because I'll be back home at my parents' so I really want to find a hobby or something to keep me busy.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me/tips to even get motivated to do anything? What do you guys like to do?

2. I did carpentry for a while. Built my wife an Adirondack chair. That was cool. I have done sewing too. Candle making. Tying hemp jewlry is fun cheap fast and easy :) I've made quite a few lanyards out of colored cord...you'd be surprized what you can find on youtube in terms of hobby directions.

Of course there is always cooking :)

I hope this little bit helps.

Good Luck to you!

3. Definitely try an instrument. Playing drums was like one of the best decisions I've ever made...

Oh and baking. Cooking in general is so much fun. I can spend like 50 minutes weaving an apple pie crust to perfection.

4. I like the hemp jewelry idea! Has anyone seen those hidden wrist hookahs? They're like hemp bracelets with a hidden pipe inside, maybe i'll try to make one of those!

I also forgot, I do play the keyboard/piano while Im at school, but don't want to lug it back home and out of my apartment for break lol

5. If you already enjoy running and exercise then hiking could be for you. And I mean hobby hiking, not going for a blaze in the woods with your friends all the time. Srs business hiking with boots and camping and days spent in isolation. That and metal guitar are the only hobbies I have or need

6. Learn an instrument, i just drum all day, never gets boring haha

7. Plant a garden, play golf, if your young start now that way when ur old u can show up ur old geezer friends. or go on important biznasss meetings at nice courses to help score a good job haha, and my final reccomendation is get a skateboard. that shit is fun.

8. I came here to say reef-keeping. I was you have a degree in zooology in another thread, our of curiousity what type of tanks do you have? Pm me or something man :)

9. [quote name='"onehitwonder38"']I like the hemp jewelry idea! Has anyone seen those hidden wrist hookahs? They're like hemp bracelets with a hidden pipe inside, maybe i'll try to make one of those!

I also forgot, I do play the keyboard/piano while Im at school, but don't want to lug it back home and out of my apartment for break lol[/quote]

hell yeah. I make hemp bracelets, they're pretty damn fun to make. Just get yourself hemp cord and some beads, then YouTube how to make hemp bracelets and you should be able to find all different types of knots and whatnot. :)

10. Go to the library and READ
    Try to learn another language
    Try to make music (thru Fruity Loops or a computer program)
    Drink
    Organize your clothes
    Clean your room

11. I just spent the entire semester working my ass off and still getting a shitty GPA, so I will tell you, sophomore to sophomore, what I plan on doing with my life this month:

1. watching the following television shows like it's my job: dexter, true blood, arrested development, modern family, and supernatural
    2. drinking wine like a boss
    3. shrooms shrooms shrooms shrooms shrooms shrooms shrooms
    4. sleeping

truly, do take advantage.

12. Jack off.
    Smoke weed.
    Did I mention jack off?

13. YES. And I love all those shows. I do commend you, sir.

14. ^ word.

I've made no less than $200 selling coral frags and fish that I've bred

15. skiing or snowboarding..lots of hot women and burns like 1000 calories an hour

Edit: or hot dudes since I noticed you're female

16. Cannabis cultivation is the most rewarding hobby I have found.

17. 1. watching supernatural currently. always a good day.
    2. not a bro, bro.