Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you guys and gals think.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by awdcivic, Jan 21, 2013.

1. So barry cooper says to rub your house down with weed everywhere and grinding seeds and stems and throwing them all over so dogs indicate on everything thus the cops have to search themselves, what do yall think about doing the same with the whole interior of the car, rub weed all over and throw ground up seeds and stems powder all over.
    Then if you have a good spot theyll never find it lol. what do yall think any drawbacks?

2. Seems like a bad idea, to me.

If a police officer pulls you over and doesn't have probable cause to search, they may call in a police dog. If you've rubbed your car with weed, the police dog will instantly signal a "hit", that there is marijuana in your car. Which gives a police officer the right to search your car.

You don't want a police dog to smell weed on your car.

3. oh yeah i forgot to mention that i would give consent but if they had a k9 with them it wouldnt matter if i gave consent or not and they would probably use the dog either way. if they did have a k9 it would trick the k9 and thus they would have to search for it. thus if your hiding spot is good enough and they couldnt use the dog?

If i gave them consent would they not use a dog if they had it? they arent gonna rip your car apart if you give them consent and say you have nothing to hide.

4. I don't understand the point then.

If you're giving consent, then you're giving the police the right to search your car anyway. They don't use a dog in the search, they use a dog when you refuse a search to sniff out any drugs that may be in the car. If the dog signals that it smells drugs in the car, the police do a search.

If you're going to consent to a search anyway, they won't need the dog and you just have to hope that your hiding spot is good enough.

This is a very pointless idea. :p

5. yeah but my thinking was if i consent to a search and they have a k9 with them wouldnt they use it to find anything i might have?

6. What a dumb idea. If you were pulled over even if you weren't smoking weed the cop could smell it. And if the cop smelled it and you WERE smoking weed you would be busted.

7. Generally yes, but why implicate yourself in the first place to make them search you? Just because you can confuse the dog doesn't mean they won't still find it.

8. No. They're going to search the car themselves to figure out what you might have. If you refuse a search, they'll use a police dog around the outside of the vehicle to figure out whether you have drugs in the car. If the dog signals that you do, that gives the police officers the right to search your car for those drugs.

Your idea will accomplish nothing other than always allowing the drug dog to signal that there are drugs in the car so that the police can search it. :p

9. i dont smoke in my car anymore, but seeds and stems dont smell that much not enough for a human nose anyways but its not illegal to smell like weed anyways.

Well if they dont use a dog to search through your car i guess it doesnt matter? I wouldnt refuse consent cause then they will find it. you cant refuse them searching your car for real they just make the dog false alert.

10. And the cops are gonna tear your cars interior to shreds.... their thinking will be, we know it's in here, we just have to look deeper....

11. You can refuse...

Not all cops make the dog "false alert", and often times there isn't a K-9 unit even close enough to respond. They can only detain you for a "reasonable" amount of time.

I've had a cop threaten to call in a K-9 unit before because of refusing a search. He didn't, it was just a bluff to get us to consent. And when we still didn't consent, he let us go without any further issues.

12. lol yeah maybe not such a good idea then. where i hide is the last place they would search though so ill just not strew seeds all over lol. but if i gave em consent i dont know why they would think theres something there.

13. Lots of stoners give consent even when they have weed in the car because they're intimidated into it or too stoned to respond otherwise or just feel like they have their stash hidden well enough. A cop isn't going to assume you don't have anything just because you consented to a search.

Maybe yours really is hidden well enough, I hope so. :p

14. i always take the exteme approach and think the cop is the most dicky cop there is, cause normally thats the ones that screw with me. Idk i guess i think most cops are dicks and treat them that way and think most would make a dog false alert. maybe im wrong but thats how i look at em. I just dont wanna get caught again after im off probation. i got lazy and kept it in my pocket thats when i got caught =/.

15. well i have literally never heard of my hiding spot ive never seen it in any forums or anybody ever using it so i think im good lol. i bet im the only one that has ever even used my hiding spot lol. i have a few others that i have only seen 1 or 2 times in forums.

16. Best way is just to not keep shit on you while you're driving. Obviously some of us have to do it sometimes, in which case, I stick by refusing a search.

They can't search without probable cause. I mean, they can, but if they don't have probable cause at the time then you can fight it in court.

That's why covering your car in weed smell is a bad idea, it just gives them probable cause to search if they call in a drug dog.

I read a post online a while back where someone said that their go-to line about not consenting a search was something like "a lot of men and women died for my rights, and I don't intend to give them up".

I think that's a good way to confront it, or else just the typical "I'm in a hurry".
    "No, I'm not going to consent to any search because I'm about to shit my pants and I need to get home".

I would never just outright consent to a search though, whether I have weed on me or not. It's my right to not be searched unless they have probable cause.

17. That is true, the only time i have weed in the car is when i pick up, ive been to jail and know i never wanna go back as well as spending over 10 grand just for 5 grams. thats why im taking every precaution i can, its not even worth getting caught at all.

Im thinking about instead of picking up my regular ounces though doing it in like 7 gram sizes and if i get lit up just eat it all. probably a better idea lol. idk i just know i never want to get arrested for harmless cannabis again. fucking police especially the conservative states.

18. Do you really think you can eat 7 grams of dry plant matter in the time between seeing flashing lights in your mirror and a cop walking up to your door?

I sure as hell couldn't. :p

19. i always have a bottle of water, and i can swallow like 15 vitamin c pills at one time so im sure it wouldnt be hard lol. im sure i could swallow 7 grams in 4 swallows.
    Idk i can eat alot very fast im not normal lol.