What do you do when people ask you for money?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by burned one, Apr 8, 2014.

1. #1 burned one, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    Double post. Fucking iphone app

Care to elaborate a bit? you mean when people ask you to lend them money?

3. "Get a job you worthless bum"

4. 'I was about to ask you the same thing.'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. What do i look like , a ATM ?

6. #6 4r5t6y7, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    'sorry, but I've got problems of my own also' if asked by the homeless / or a stranger.  If asked by a friend - 'dude im broke as fuck'

7. get a fuckin job. tough titties

8. tell them the truth, homie im broke!

9. Here's a 100, come back if you need some more.

10. Toss em a few singles or my change. Im blow through that money anyways.

11. i throw them a dollar if i think they really need it. you dont even have to be poor and ill toss you some change or a dollar. we all need help eventually.

12. #12 RooksYR, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    well considering someone owes me $260 at the moment, i dont have a problem lending out money to individuals who are motivated enough to get that shit back, and who i know appreciate what im doing.

When it comes to street beggars depends how many singles i have on me, and whether giving money to that person will create issues next time they spot me in the street.

13. Say "sure, hold up" then turn around and ask someone for that same amount of money.

It can be used as both a joke and a way to get out of the situation, no hard feelings for anyone!

14. I say "uhhhhhh No" problem solved

15. I can't help but feel there is another thread somewhere getting more attention.  I lend out money, if they pay it back I lend it again, if not I don't lend again.  Its just money and I don't count my losses.

There was no original post so lets just go at it.

16. I pay it forward.

Exactly, most of the time i think of doing favors as an investment.  If someone gives me a seed for free, ill give em some produce when the time comes.  That is how i treat others, and how i expect to be treated, though many people aren't like this and if it takes me losing a couple dollars to reveal a negative character I consider it money well spent. 

18. This isn't what I was saying at all.  Good luck on your money quest.  If I have money and you need some money and you are friend then of course you can have some of my moneys.  I like to help people out, sometimes at the cost of money.  I'm glad to help, I'm considered low class but I guess thats the price to pay to help others.  

OK.  I was mainly referring to your not lending again once people dont repay.  

I do favors out of good will (im also 35% sucker), I do expect the person to be able to work something out next time i need something, or break bread when they get up. The investment is adding another person to my network of people whom i can rely upon when in need. 

Especially since coming out of school I realised that you really dont know how some people operate until you put some part of your assets or person at risk by placing it in their hands.

20. Only to my close friends and family, if I have it to loan, ill gladly help someone in need until they can pay me back. If I don't have it, be straight up about it.

No biggie.