What Do You Believe In?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by GanjaMonster, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Religion or not, what do you believe? Do you believe in God, some sort of deity, etc? Share your thoughts. :)

Me, I believe in some sort of a god, but one made completely of energy. Personally, I don't believe in religion anymore as I used to be somewhat of a Christian raised in an all Christian family. I tend to have more of an open mind these days. Maybe it's just the ganja. :p

EDIT: I understand my question is a lil' vague, but I think you get what I'm trying to get at here.

2. I believe in the Big Bang, puddles of mud & everything in between. But I also believe that the almighty God created it all.

Being as a human only has the capability to use %10 of our brain, how can we even discuss this?

Faith & faith alone.

I pass no judgement on others view's or beliefs.

3. i was raised a strict mormon for 15 out of 19 years of my life so far haha, i believe in a 'god' or higher power as it were but i feel that religion is just a basis of hope for people on this tiny ass rock, and why should i or any other man stop any one person from finding hope in what ever way pleases them

4. I believe in THC worms!

5. #5 Perpetual Burn, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    "All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."- Bill Hicks

This is close enough to what I "believe."

Acid. :D

I would like to add, I feel we are God living an inside-out self-fulfilling prophecy dancing with ourselves in the struggle of reality in pursuit of an eternal truth... if that makes any sense.

It's a work in progress.

6. What about acid? You on it?

Existence (Being) happens when reality perceives it-self.

7. Not right now... well, if you ever really come down from an acid trip. You can't erase your memory.

But it has aided my journey.

8. #8 Stangfriik, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008

That 10% thing was proven wrong long ago and I'm not sure why it's still around. Just type in 10% brain myth and you'll get plenty of info

I'm just comfortable knowing that I can't and won't know if there is a supreme being until there is empirical evidence to support it. It's like the part of my brain can't comprehend something like it. It's not like it's completely devoid of anything that's not bound by logic such as emotions.

I just haven't personally seen enough reason to believe or not believe.

IMO, I think it's just as close-minded to not believe even in the possibility that there may be a supreme being. How can you possibly rule out something that the scientific method can't be applied to for obvious reasons...yet. We could very well advance enough to where we can prove that there is no supreme being and I'm ok with that. Now I'm not talking about any particular religion. I'm talking purely about a supreme being that could very possibly not even be known to us.

9. Precisely. :) Empirical method may be one person's litmus test, while to another it might seem a very limited strategy for determining the nature of being.

10. Even if our brains are working at 100%, this does not mean that there isn't more.

We can only view a very small spectrum of visible light -- but we know that there is more light around us than we can perceive. So in this case, even with 100% functionality and usage of our brains, if it is only calculating 10% of everything around us, does it really change anything?

Because no matter how you look at it, humans like to omit humility. It says "I am human, I am better, I can have all the answers". Rather they should be in awe of this place, submitting to its awesomeness.

But, they don't.

11. as far as a creator of the entire universe who had a plan for it all no i dont believe in that. but as far as humans go i believe we were created by physical beings who are far more advanced than we are. cuz i mean right now we're starting to figure out how to make living tissue such as hearts and livers and what not, and we're also able to genetically alter animals to advance their traits, so i do believe we "evolved" from primates, but i think it was a forced genetic evolution, which would explain why we're millions of years more evolved than all the other animals.

12. I believe in giving complete respect to those around me(until it is lost) and treating every person well. I have been quite disenfranchised with organized religioun for quite some time now due to the competition between them. The majority of organized sects proclaim that only those that possess the same beliefs as them are worthy of the presence of a divine being. Most sects also still preach outright intolerance towards gays. I could never bring myself to embrace anything remotely associated with hate, let alone have faith that I have chosen the correct sect to ascend into heaven.

Science has helped us understand so much, yet there are still things we have not even begun to know or discover. I'm perfectly content with that. But to say I am an agnostic is to give the belief in a higher power too much credit(as far as literal rationality). If someone told you that a pink elephant hovered over their bed the night before and sang to them, you would, with a good deal of certainty, conclude that the event did not occur. Why then, without any emperical evidence, should we feel a need to state that "there may or may not be a god, there are some things we as humans will never know?" If we have absolutely no physical evidence to confirm, and no signs of any god as described in current religious texts in the current age, then we are completely justified in having an absence of faith. Atheism does not have to mean denial of a god. To claim that god absolutely does not exist is in effect, the same belief as religion. Atheism should be taken literally, a(absence of)theism(religion).

13. I think there is no god.
    And we all control what we do.
    Nothing is wrong.
    Nothing is right.
    But we just do what we do and thats how we live.
    I also don't want to hate anyone. But i am fine with people hating things.
    And everyone should be equal.

14. I believe that he's got the right idea.

15. I really don't know what I believe in. I'm most definitely not a christian, or part of any other religion. I haven't put too much thought/research into the subject, but I know there's something a lot bigger than what's going on here on Earth.

16. I believe we were created by something. And that is all that we are supposed to know.

Religions were molded by Man.

And if you want to call that^ something "God", then whatever created us is God.

It's like asking any religious person "Who or what created God?". They usually say - we're not suppose to even question that. Well, we as human-beings shouldn't even question who or what put us here.

anyway - my view in a nutshell is:
    We're here - something put us here. Whatever put us here in whichever way, that was/is God.

17. i don't believe in any god
    the thought of it is absurd if you truly think about "god"

people will disagree.

also i think that everyone has the power to do whatever, i mean we're here and there's nothing else

it sounds oh so depressing but to me its not at all. i think its empowering

to know that all there is is vast emptiness. nothing more, nothing less

we just simply live on. :)

18. i look at it like the universe is a giant organism and we are just tiny cells in it. Gaia is an organ in the body of god, the universe. all actions have consequences that affect everything else. perhaps we are even like a fungus on the ass of mother earth, but i believe that the general essence of each of us combines to make god, like everything is god and god is everything. and with that, everything is beautiful and you can love life... god is a metaphor for life