What do you all think about death?

Discussion in 'General' started by SmellyPocket, Sep 19, 2012.

1. I think that this world is so perfect right now, yet people are unhappy. You have all you want right at your feet and yet people still find a way to complain. Things should be simpler. Opinions? And as for death, is it really going to be that bad.

2. Who knows man lol, I'm not thinking about that shit.

3. The world is far from perfect, and it will never be perfect. Death is something that will happen to everyone; it is the price of being alive in the first place.

4. Im never gonna die.

5. This world is only perfect if you're very young. Wait till you get out there.

And as for death, it depends on how you die. If you're laying on your death bed and suffering, it's the worst. The last few minutes when you're actually "passing on" and knowing that you are now leaving this place called Earth, is the worst fear of all fears. You're crossing into the unknown, leaving EVERYTHING behind. There is no coming back. The feeling of impending doom is simply the worst.

6. "If you are aware of a state which you call 'is' or reality, or life, this implies another state called 'isn't' or illusion, or unreality, or nothingness, or death. There it is! You can't know one without the other and so, as to make life poignant, its always got to come to an end. That is exactly, don't you see, what makes it lively. Liveliness is change. Is motion."

Everything dies, it's not a big deal.

And if you think the world is perfect I want to go to whatever planet you are living on.

7. #7 Bananarama, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    "Are you afraid? What is it that you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence."-J'tokoh Zohl

8. It is a release of energy.

9. it's perfect compared to back in the day. WE HAVE CARS. think about traveling across the country in a fucking wagon. Yeah the world isn't perfect but damn people are ignorant when they complain about flying. "oh we had to sit on the runway for 30 min". DID YOU NOT TAKE PART IN HUMAN FLIGHT> DID YOU NOT FLY THROUGH THE AIR SITTING IN A CHAIR? people need to realize what they have. and apparently you all have access to a computer so i'd say that your doing pretty well.

And i never said i was afraid of death. The question is what do you think about it.

10. #10 Diceman, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    The world isn't perfect but we only get so many years here, so I wanna enjoy them as much as possible, and help others enjoy it too. I do believe in the after life though and I think its gonna be amazing so I cant wait.

Hate if you want, I'm used to eating haters on behalf of my beliefs.

No matter our beliefs, we all know life's short and we only get one so lets live it up! No regrets blades and bladettes:smoke:

11. I found the secret to immortality 3 years ago, so death doesn't effect me.

12. The world has also gotten worse. Corporations are getting more and more power, influencing our lives in ways we dont even know. Gas prices. Food prices. Supressed technology. We are at the bottom, and the government wants to keep it that way.

13. Death is something many of us base our lives around, in constant fear and thought of death. More interesting to me, however, is those who have Religious beliefs and devotions only in fear of death, not for the love of their God.

For me, it is something I think about often, but do not like to think about. Honestly, I don't fear death itself, I fear being forgotten. I fear ceasing to exist, and my existence slowly disintegrating. For this reason I look to enjoy every waking moment I live here.

To die young and ignorant would almost be a better way to go for me. The way I see things, the less you think about death, the less it actually exists. As an atheist, I don't generally believe in any sort of afterlife so I believe that the end of my life is the end of my brain and thoughts.

I believe there is definitely a sort of supernatural being that exists that is greater than us, whether it is a group of supreme aliens that control our every move, or whether we are developing each as a single unit and every member of humankind lives as one. Possibly the Rastafari belief, or maybe the idea that Marijuana pushes us closer to the creator of the universe. Or we could all just be figments of the imagination of a child, or emulated souls of beings in a video game in some alternate dimension. Possibilites are simply endless. However, I still believe that death will be the end of my thought process.

Therefore, the less time I spend thinking about death, the less it will actually be an issue. Its like if you were to suddenly vanish at this very moment, you wouldn't have any negative thoughts leading up to it and would no longer be alive to feel sorrow, so why bother worrying?

Also important is to cherish every moment, as if it were your last, because it very well may be. (Cliche but greater than true)

Depressing yet comforting at the same time.

14. Death is just an illusion. We are all spiritual beings experiencing "the experience of being a human" ... ofcourse its up to everyone ,whether they will believe it or not... I just want to help people and let them know the truth. (I have done tons of research). We are all already saved, and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Our consciousness or soul lives on after the life in this world. After this world we go to astral worlds. Imagine being the most happiest and most loved u can in this world and then multiply it with 10. Thats how amazing it should feel after dying and entering the light. In other words, its hard to explain the love and peace you will feel after death. I havent experienced it myself but I have seen a few good documentaries about it.
    I also have a little proof to my text.... one day ( I even made a thread about it) I experienced first time in my life Out of body experience while asleep. And I could literally see and feel so strongly how my soul went out of my body, and right before I woke up I landed back into my body and it was very disturbing feeling. Anyway where I wanna get with this is that, after that experience I had one crazy dream , where I think I visited the realm of souls, it felt really real although it was in a dream.
    Anyway after those 2 experiences I must say that I felt that this world is so "worthless, pointless, boring".... Because the world I had experienced in my dream (astral traveling probably), was so much more powerful and greater than this world... its like, everything felt so pointless, like why should anyone worry about anything at all.. we are all already saved, and there is A Much greater world then this right now. But since we are here, lets enjoy the life we have, but let us not worry about death. ;)

15. Really people , I didnt write the most clearly (it got a bit messy) but please read it... and believe me. You can just go and google all what I said and see it yourselves;)

16. Not 100% sure I can agree with everything said, but it is most definitely something I have thought about before and is a great mindset. I can definitely dig it and could probably believe it. The idea of being lifted from earth and feeling absolutely extraordinary is an incredibly pleasant idea. To believe that we all exist without purpose or instigator is rather far fetched. Something explains it all, we simply do not know why. I believe in having faith, but I have nothing to invest it in, so for now I simply have faith in having faith, if that makes sense... To clarify, I believe that if you just let things run their course, things will unfold to your liking and everything will work out alright.

Its one of those things I know I will never truly understand until I am dead. It will happen and I will either be gone, or something in my brain will trigger and I'll be like "Oh, holy shit I just died..." and I will then be amazed by whatever awaits.

Who knows, perhaps Science and Religion will form a mold somewhere in between once we know more about life.

Peace :smoke:

17. Death is nothing. Its not the end, only a transitional stage from our current state of existence to the next. To be afraid of death is pretty desperate and cowardly; I eagerly await my passing.

18. ehh well if you get hit by a speeding truck or something then yeah it is gona be that bad but if you pass in your sleep then no its not,
    and the world is very very far from perfect, theres people starving, theres wars and all sorts of mad shit goin on, there nothing perfect about it

19. I try very hard not to place too much value on human existence but I know if anyone I knew died I would freak the fuck out

I wouldn't mind dying though

20. Its the nature of impermanence - everything dies. When you realize this, you realize you have nothing to worry about. :wave: