Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do people mean when they say weed is a stress reliever?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jvsdiojisio, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Does it relieve stress like directly is that what it means, or like it will make them happy..so that makes them less stressed? Or what?

2. It takes an edge off. Weed is a good stress reliever because it just takes off the edge it lets you know that the problem is there or whatever is upsetting you but it makes it more bearableSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. what?
    1.you feel stressed
    2. you smoke weed
    3.you feel relieved of your stress

4. So you go back to being stressed after or?

5. yeah it's just a reliever. Same thing with any anti depressant. If you
    Have a lot of stress or depression I suggest you find the problem and fix it before masking it with weed

Can you please stop making threads, there are 4 of them of the main page right now, you could of asked ask them all in the one thread, and these are simple, simple questions, there is a difference between ignorant and amateur.

7. definately is a stress reliever.  could take some good ol' paxel or prozac and deal with the new problems these chemicals created inside your body but weed doesn't cause any problems.  might make someone gain a few kilos but other than that its the best treatment.  years ago some goofball physicians assistant prescribe paxel and all i did was sleep.  nah, everone should stick to weed.

8. That depends. Plenty of times I am really feeling down, get high, and still feel down. Other times I am stressed, smoke weed, and my mind will be pretty relaxed for the night. 

9. Exercise.  Best stress remedy out there. Period.

Much a like an alcoholic drink, mmj can take the edge off and give you a reason to slow down or chill out.

10. If I'm stressed and smoke, it relaxes me so I don't worry as much so I can deal with the problem.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

11. Weed makes you say fuk it lol

12. i think weed makes you forget about your problems and makes them seem like not a big deal at the time. So you enjoy your time without worrying or having thoughts of those problems when your high. 

13. this is what happens to me, i get stressed and fall into this very unhelpful loop of panic, when i smoke it stops my brain from running itself ragged  and that usually means that i end up finding a solution

14. It's a stress reliever in the sense that weed can make you perceive whatever dilemma in a different way. Weed should not be used as an emotional crutch though, that's when it becomes a problem.