Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do I do with my friend? (bit of a read)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cod2, Jun 30, 2012.

1. ** Warning: this is a semi-rant and a bit of a long read **

okay so usually when i blaze it's night time and it's always with two of my other buddies who i have known for a very long time (more than 10 years). let's called them john and bob. occasionally a couple of other friends join us, but it's usually just 3 of us.

bob is out of town for the next few weeks so now it's only me and john.. i hate blazing with john. i don't mind blazing with him when it's the 3 of us because bob is hilarious and we always have a blast. however john is such a mood killer and he's kind of a douche to me.

one time we were smoking weisha (shisha + weed in a hookah) and i picked up the coal with the tongs and pushed it onto the ashtray so that i could ash it. he started spazzing out because apparently you're not supposed to ash the coal for a hookah.

another time he was being a bitch is a couple of weeks back he went down to the states and picked up some stuff. he brought back some killer shisha and told me he bought a bong and i was like dope we should hit that and he's like yeah sure. guess what he pulls out? a fucking glorified pipe. the thing has a choke and you can't even pull the bowl out unless you're trying to clean the thing. he doesn't even put water in it. i think it may actually be a bubbler but like i said, he doesn't even put water in it!

i was like " dude... that's not a bong. it's a pipe. bongs don't have chokes on them and you have to pull the bowl out to clear the chamber" and hes like no man its a bong you're just trippin

then we each hit like 6 bowls of this thing to ourselves and our other friend is there (let's call him steve). john is like "so how high are you guys right now?" steve says he's a 10 and i say i'm maybe an 8 and john starts spazzing out again and he's like "DUDE YOU'RE NOT SMOKING IT PROPERLY! LET ME LIGHT IT FOR YOU, YOU'RE CHEATING!" and i'm like no man... i know how to light a bowl.

he keeps on going and i'm like fuck it if it makes you happy i'll let you light it for me. so i pack another bowl and he lights it and i failed to clear it. then he starts laughing and asking me why i couldn't clear it and i told him because i had taken a hit literally 30 seconds before and i needed some time and he's like.. yah yah excuses.

i don't want to tell the guy outright to fuck off because we've been friends for 10 years, but he is acting like a giant tool whenever i'm with him now and i don't know why. maybe it's because one time we were drinking at his house and i threw up on his rug (i was new to drinking at the time). but hey, shit happens. when i was 12 my friend fell backwards and elbowed a hole into my $3000 tv, i didn't hold it against him, shit happens.

an added bonus is that he doesn't mind when we box his car

2. Seems like you guys just have some tension, and I'm sure he feels it too. Your best bet is to just be men about it. Ask him if he wants to just sit down and talk things out. That's the best way to resolve that kind of problem.

3. I dunno. Id say just to chill with him a few times and see what happens. If he continues to come off as douchey to you, you can just pretend like you are busy for the next few days.

4. Next time before you start smoking just talk to him about it, be like listen man you've been coming off as a deuce the past few times weve chilled. I'm not trying to complain about it but can you tone it down a bit so we can sit back and enjoy our highs like we used to? If he still comes off as a dick then just leave. Not much else to do.

5. Just a random thought, is he kinda short? Sounds like someone I know who has short man syndrome.

Otherwise some guys just want to be the best of the best (arrogant, egotistical, self centred), and a lot of the time are not worth dealing with.

What is he like normally? If he is fine then sober then you may have to tell him if he doesn't sort his shit out then you can't smoke with him any more. This isn't likely to generate a good response so only do this if you don't mind jeopardising your friendship.

6. hahah no he is actually fairly tall and has decent muscle too. he's usually very nice and friendly when sober. maybe he just gets so high that he doesn't realize what he is saying and how he is coming off.

some useful advice in this thread, thanks!

7. Fuck him in the ass that'll show him whos boss fasho

8. Just one point about your "rant".
    It hasn't been that long ago that a bong came with a carb/choke only and the only time you removed the bowl was to clean it.

The "pull the bowl and downstem to clear the chamber" is a recent thing.