What do I do? Im a miserable addict.

Discussion in 'General' started by wtfjusthappened, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Where do I start. IV smoked weed for over 4 years on and off and never really had a problem quitting. When I didn't smoke weed though, I'd usually drink more. And when I didn't want or have alcohol, I'd take anything to get hight. Things I can't mention on here.

Anyway. Last month I got arrested for a dui and have since quit weed because I will be drug tested by the state.

Now I'm sitting here at home, without a liscesne, job, weed, or any other comfort. I'm out of beer and cigs, and whatever other "stashes" I had in my house.

I live 10 miles from town so it's not like I can just walk to a store.

I'm not addicted to any one substance, I'm addicted to not being sober.

I know what you will say. It's all "psychological" and your right. It probably is.

I'm just week. I'm tempted to drive without a liscense just so I can go pick a bottle of something up.

I also am an insomniac. Without the aid of some drug I will usually spend night after night up until all hours of the morning in a frantic depression.

I don't know what to do. I'm miserable. I don't have a job. I can't get one without a liscense.

I'm sitting here staring at a fucking wall.

Advice please.

2. Check yourself into an in treatment rehab program broseph and make it a good one that doesn't rely on the 12 step program.

3. It could be worse.

4. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Fuck I could quit everything if I could still have an occasional toke. But I have to quit weed. It's part of my diversion program for my dui. I didn't realize I had a problem until I tried to quit everything at once. Including cigs.I feel almost manic.Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Stay busy and productive. Do physical labor and you will not have insomnia, your body will be too exhausted and will need to sleep.

6. #6 Royal Vengeance, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    I sorta know hot it goes man...

I tried to quit smoking hash, cigarettes, and drinking coca cola for the new year..

havent drank a coke yet.. So.. 1/3

P.S Get an E-cig

7. Good advise but a 12 step program isn't all that bad if its all you can afford to do. Anything helps in these situations.

8. Yeah I need to stay away from the hard stuff. Loosing my liscense and being forced to go through adapt just further makes me feel like I'm 15 again. Like it's not my choice anymore what I put in my body or where I go. So it makes me want drugs even more. It's a vicious cycleSent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

How about stop thinking like your 15?

Idk. Sometimes its time to just get your shit together.

This is that point where you either get to head down loser or winner road. Make the right choice.

10. Ive never met an addict who could ever quit.

They just replaced one addiction with another. When i quit and before i had a permanent fucked up lung disease i worked out hard. Running will get you higher than any pills, weed, or drink. Right around the 2 mile mark endorphines kick in....and ahhhhhh.

Lifting weights will decrease any anxiety depression or stress you have, guaranteed.

Working in your yard fixing shit tilyoure so tired you want to drop dead will cure insomnia. You have no choice, you will collapse, been there done it.

People who go to aa replace alcohol addiction with aa addiction. Find something you like doing and replace your addiction with it.

Ask anyone whos ever been locked up.

The mind in itself is its own prison, it can make a heaven out of hell and a hell outta heaven. Or something like that. See my sig.

Peace and goodluck brother, youre not alone.

11. [quote name="pokesmot247" post="19341032" timestamp="1389743420"]Ive never met an addict who could ever quit.They just replaced one addiction with another. When i quit and before i had a permanent fucked up lung disease i worked out hard. Running will get you higher than any pills, weed, or drink. Right around the 2 mile mark endorphines kick in....and ahhhhhh.Lifting weights will decrease any anxiety depression or stress you have, guaranteed.Working in your yard fixing shit tilyoure so tired you want to drop dead will cure insomnia. You have no choice, you will collapse, been there done it.People who go to aa replace alcohol addiction with aa addiction. Find something you like doing and replace your addiction with it. Ask anyone whos ever been locked up. The mind in itself is its own prison, it can make a heaven out of hell and a hell outta heaven. Or something like that. See my sig.Peace and goodluck brother, youre not alone.[/quote]I appreciate it. I talk to my dad, who was a lot like me at my age. He spent 6 years in state prison so he is very insightful. It's actually crazy to talk to him now because he's super straight edge.I could definitely see my self going down the wrong path. By nature I'm lazy, but I could definitely see exercise helping. I used to play soccer all the time, lift weights, run, but I haven't since I started sucking down a pack of cigs a day.

12. Look into taking some online classes, study Buddhism, Learn to weld or blow glass. Learn a trade or skill since you have all this time on your hands.Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Seek help bro.  Taking that step is really really really hard, but you will be saving your own life and creating a better life for yourself. 

14. Iv been interested in writing a book. Don't judge my writing style or grammar off of here please. LolNow that I have the time, I actually could. Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I second the part about exercising..I exercise daily, it's just part of the routine. It doesn't just help you physically, it helps you mentally as well.

16. #16 rain dancer, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    I feel you. I got a lung disease from working in my garden and my dumb ass just started smoking cigars like most people smoke cigs. Dumbass behavior, but it is what it is, til i give it up.

Some people are hard learners and laziness wont get you anywhere. I dont like being controlled by anyone, so i look at addiction like the addiction makin you suck a dick. If that bothers you, realize that self control means not allowing an addiction make you suck a dick.

:p

Knowimsayn?

17. Also, it helps to have someone who gives a fuck calling to check on you. I quit alcohol because a friend i just met called me daily to ask how i was doing. Having someone believe in me, helped me believe. I was able to quit. Going on a month now.

Wish you the best bro.

18. Best advice I can give you -- quit feeling sorry for yourself and make shit happen.

19. Yeah. I know what you mean. Drugs are great in moderation. I can't see myself going my whole life without another hit of weed. I could, but why should I if I'm able to moderate myself?I need to figure out my priorities. Because my number one priority has been getting highSent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. [quote name="wtfjusthappened" post="19341073" timestamp="1389743892"]Iv been interested in writing a book. Don't judge my writing style or grammar off of here please. LolNow that I have the time, I actually could. Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]You should! Devote a few hours to it every day. You will start feeling a lot better about yourself.