What different genres of music you listen to when your sober/high.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by red crayon, Aug 29, 2008.

1. #1 red crayon, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    So I been asked this many of times. "What Do you like to listen to?" [Haven't we all]
    You know I'm into alot of stuff...No country. Nothing against it. Just don't like listening to it. But not just getting info in my local area about music when your intoxicated. But GC will help me make a bigger percentage of the styles of music listened to when your high/sober.

So pick the genre that you like sober then blaze up and pick the stoner song. I believe there is a change in genre when your high. Do you? Most can relate that slower music is what us most seek for when we are high. I think more relaxing music is better due to the fact it keeps up on your buzz.
    [other than heavier music, don't have anything against that. =D]

So...

When your sober what do you enjoy the most?

Metal
    Hip-hip
    Rap
    Country
    Underground Hip-hop
    Rock
    Punk
    Soul
    Jazz
    Blues

ect...

BUT

When your high, what do you like more?

My answer is "Depending on my mood"
    But that slow trippy shit is cool when your high to keep up with a good buzz and it needs a goood bass line. Its great.
    Pick up my guitar and just go with the flow with the bud...believe in it. (don't over indulge)
    Can anyone relate?

PLEASE: Leave artist and song title. I really would like to know what you listen to! =]
    I will listen to the music, throw me something and I'll tell you if I like it. =D

:bongin:

2. i listen to waters, and gilmour floyd when im not high... i listen to barrett floyd when i am high, and then i listen to waters and gilmour again when i am high.

3. #3 red crayon, Aug 29, 2008
    Never heard of them...
    I'll look into it.

Now its time to do a lil of :bongin:

And I'll get back to you on that and tell you if I liked it.

4. Oh man, I've been listening to so much Pink Floyd it's almost rediculous. Pharcyde is also good. Mainly I like hip hop or anything even slightly progressive which is almost everything. I just love music yo.

5. IDM, Indie, Jazz, Ambient, Radiohead, Pixies

6. Everything, I'll try to name at least one artist and album for every genre I listen to. Bear with me here:

Blues - Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings. The pioneer of it all.

Classical - Igor Stravinsky - Petrouchka. If you haven't heard this, get on it NOW. You won't be disappointed. Makes me tear up.

Electronica - here's where it gets tricky:

House - Basement Jaxx - Remedy, Theo Parrish - First Floor

Trip-Hop - DJ Shadow - Endtroducing, Massive Attack - Blue Lines, DJ Krush - Kakusei

IDM - µ-Ziq - Lunatic Harness, Mouse on Mars - Audioditaker

Ambient - Bill Laswell - Psychonavigation AND Brian Eno's entire "ambient" series

Chill Out - Primal Scream - Screamadelica, The Orb - Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, Nightmares on Wax - Carboot Soul

Electro - Cybotron - Clear, The Egyptian Lover - On the Nile, I-F - Fucking Consumer

Jungle/Drum & Bass - LTJ Bukem - Mixmag Live! 03, Goldie - Timeless, Source Direct - Unleash the Demons, Omni Trio - Music for the Next Millenium, 4hero - Parallel Universe, Photek - Modus Operandi, Plug - Drum n Bass for Papa, A Guy Called Gerald - Black Secret Technology, any mixes found on www.dnbshare.com

Breakcore - Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Allat Született, Otto Van Shrirach - Chopped Zombie Fungus

Techno - Black Dog Productions - Bytes, Aphex Twin - 26 Remixes for Cash, Chosen Lords, Adam Freeland - Tectonics, Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express

Dubstep - Burial - Untrue, Kode9 and the Spaceape - Memories of the Future, Skream - Skream!, V/A - Dubstep All-Stars series, any mixes found on http://barefiles.com/ or http://www.dubstep.fm/

Funk - Parliament - Mothership Connection, Lettuce - Live in Tokyo, Brecker Brothers - Heavy Metal Bebop, Fela Kuti - Shuffering and Shmiling, Ohio Players - Fire, The Philadelphia Experiment - self-titled, Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove, Sly & The Family Stone - Stand!, There's a Riot Goin' On!

Hardcore - Bad Brains - I Against I, Bane - Give Blood, Black Flag - Damaged, Gorilla Biscuits - self-titled, Love is Red - The Hardest Fight, Minor Threat - complete discography, Modern Life is War - My Love, My Way, Panic - Dying for it, Rites of Spring - End on End, Shai Hulud - Hearts Once Nourished with Hope and Compassion

Hip-Hop - Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded, Quasimoto - the Unseen, Souls of Mischief - 93 til Infinity, Madvillain - Madvillainy, Busta Rhymes - The Coming, The Cool Kids - Bakesale, Jungle Brothers - Straight out the Jungle, De La Soul - Stakes is High, A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory

Jazz - Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool, Kind of Blue, ESP, Bitches Brew, On the Corner, Art Blakey - Moanin, Wayne Shorter - Speak no Evil, Bill Evans - Sunday at the Village Vanguard, Wayne Krantz - Your Basic Live 06, Bill Frisell - Have a Little Faith, Ornette Coleman - Shape of Jazz to Come, Albert Ayler - Spiritual Unity, John Coltrane - Soultrane, Blue Train, a Love Supreme, Ascension, Interstellar Space, Keith Jarrett - Fort Yawuh

Metal - Meshuggah - Catch 33, Cynic - Focus, Death - The Sound of Persaverence, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects - Sol Niger Within, Isis - In the Absence of Truth, Pelican - The Fire in our Throats will Beckon the Thaw, Naked City - self-titled

Punk - The Damned - Damned, Damned, Damned - The Adverts - Crossing the Red Sea with the Adverts!, Television - Marquee Moon, The Talking Heads - Talking Heads 77', Remain in Light, Bad Religion - No Control, NOFX - Punk in Drublic, The New York Dolls - self-titled, Flipper - Generic, Green Day - Kerplunk!, Dookie, Insomniac, Joy Division - Closer, Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation, The Germs - MIA, Richard Hell - Blank Generation, Mission of Burma - Vs.

R&B - Michael Jackson, D'Angelo - VOODOO, Erykah Badu - Baduizm, Anthony Hamilton - Comin' From Where I'm From, Curtis Mayfield - Live!, Stevie Wonder - Innervisions, Talking Boook, Grover Washington Jr. - Inner City Blues, Marvin Gaye - What's Goin On, Let's Get it On

Rock - Beatles, Grateful Dead, Brian Eno - Another Green World, Built to Spill - Keep it Like a Secret, Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Yr Skinny Fists, Slow Riot for Zero Kanada, Jeff Buckley - Grace, Nirvana, Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooken Rain, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik, Sigur Ros - Ágætis byrjun, The Smiths - The Queen is Dead, Steely Dan - Aja, Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die, Velvet Underground - With Nico, Self-Titled, White Light / White Heat, Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

Ska and Reggae - Barrington Levy - 20 Vintage Hits, Black Uhuru - Red, Bob Marley, Buju Banton - Til Shiloh, Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey, Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock, Catch-22 - Keasby Nights, The Heptones - On Top, the Skatalites, King Tubby - Dub Gone Crazy, The Upsetters - Super Ape, Less Than Jake - Pezcore, Losing Streak, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face it, Ska-core the Devil and More, Madlib - Blunted in the Bomb Shelter mix, Peter Tosh - Equal Rights, Legalize it, Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb, The Toasters - Thrill Me Up, any Trojan Dub box set

I'll listen to any of this high if my mood fits...it all just depends what I feel like listening to

7. When I'm high I can't stop listening to Cream, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Tool, shit like that. Especially Cream.

8. sober i enjoy hardcore, metal, and alternative.

when i'm high i like to listen to hip hop and classical haha.

9. Metal, Speed Metal, Rock, Classic Rock, Folk, Rap, Techno, Electonica, Reggae, Ska, Jazz Blues, Gospel, Swing, Classical-alternative, Musical Theater, And all subsets and any combination of the aforementioned.

10. High:
    Trance
    Underworld- Dark & Long (Dark Train mix)
    Underworld- Rez_Cowgirl (Live)
    Underworld- Moaner

11. #11 tintala, Aug 29, 2008
  12. #12 olives, Aug 29, 2008
    Black Moth Super Rainbow.
    http://www.myspace.com/blackmothsuperrainbow

Definitely one of my favorite bands to listen to stoned. So just do a lil :bongin: and put on Dandelion Gum ... blissed-out psychedelic jams, man.

I mean, seriously, how can you resist this cover:
    [​IMG]

13. Agreed bro.

:)

14. I have many different moods when I'm high. (I'm talking music moods)
    Man thanks for this list, I'm toking down with friends tonight and I'm gonna introduce them to this site. Thanks again for the list man, really gonna look into this.

=]

15. Dude Pixies man...haha.

16. Same sometimes but like I said. Depends on my mood.

17. Hard House Yoji Biomehanika- Dumb People is a sick song.

Techno: Paul Oakenfold - Ready Set Go, Starry Eye Surprise, and Hold your hand. I like hold your hand the best. and for sure ATB- ecstasy

Rap/Hip Hop People Under the Stairs has a few good songs, Geto Boys, Dre, Ice Cube, D-12 and Eminem, The Cool Kids, and Bone Thugs and Harmony

mash-up style remixes Simply Girl Talk is awesome

Metal Black Sabbath and Pantera

Rock The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Peter Frampton, Steve Miller Band mostly older stuff.

Misc.Shpongle basically any of there songs. 1200 mics.

Drum and Bass Pendulum - hold your colour

18. No problem, these are all different albums that I listen to regularly so I put my faith behind each one :D

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Live @ Grande Ballroom, Detroit. N.S.U. is fuckin' INCREDIBLE off that.