What did you get today for your Garden?

Discussion in 'General' started by Schmebulock, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Hey guys - thought this would be a really fun thread to start. Let's show off the new toys we get for our gardens! It will encourage lateral thought on how we design our gardens and even give people new ideas to improve their setups.

I will kick us off!

I just got a new fogger that i'm going to use for my humidifier in my garden:

[​IMG]

Ultrasonic misters are considered very good humidifiers for grow environments (one reason is due to the smaller particles not collecting and beading on the walls of your tent.) I am following this guide:
    DIY Humidifier For Small and Large Grow Rooms
    (Thanks ladyluckybean!)

I bought a big trash bin that i'll fill with water and start humidifying :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good stuff man, keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Since I have the 14x14 room built now, I’m saving my pennies for an environment controller and possibly a ph and ppm controller for my res

• Like Like x 1
  4. wow s2c that sounds like you should be posting pictures of your 14x14 room!

if you wanted to have all of your environment shit accessible on your phone, i could help you set up smart plugs and stuff - the THDI sensor i'm using will soon tie into IFTTT

i get notified in real time if temp or humidity go out of wack - and with IFTTT i'll be able to use those values to shut the AC/humidifier/dehumidifer off as necessary.

i bought a bluelabs ph controller for my res, highly highly recommend one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. today I got in a gallon of GH bloom

• Like Like x 2
  6. Plump those bitches! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It’s still a work in progress. Have electric to run and all the finish work inside.

But yeah controllers would take some burden off me but I enjoy the work so I keep talking myself out of it. The environmental controller is more important to me

8. i agree with you and understand where you're coming from - but i average about an hour to 1.5 hrs in the garden every day and have been trying to minimize that to spend more time with the family. Not having to fight with the pH in my res is one major headache i'm glad i no longer have to worry about.

Knowing what the temps and humidity are in the garden is the other headache and I get notified in real time when they go out of wack (currently all the time due to low RH but i'm working on that)

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Dead Head OG, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Just made a DIY grow tent Dehumidifier!

Parts needed

1 tube about 5” wide and 9” long (Depending on tent size)

Any of the following or all together
    Silica,rice, or volcanic rock found inside “Gonzo bag”.

2 socks you can see and blow threw.

Step one. Slip a sock over one end of the pipe and pull it nice tight and then stick a tight rubber band over the pipe so it stays in place. Then add all of ur dehumidifying products like listed above into the “filter” then slip over you second sock and band it up again. Finished!!! Now most grow tent have 2 or 3 pull string holes so chose whichever one you would like and insert the “filter” and tighten it up! Now it won’t work unless you have a inline duct fan sucking air out so make sure it’s creating a vacuum effect on ur tent. Now keep watch on ur tent cause it can cause a dramatic drop in RH if the conditions are right.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nice addition to your garden! Thanks for sharing it here :)

11. Here’s a view from my dab table in one corner of the room

B1B212C5-EC06-45BE-80DA-A64CED742A22.jpeg

Here’s a panorama view from a corner of the room. It won’t load on the page but you may be able to click on the image below

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. My garden got sunshine and love today animated-smileys-suns-003.gif

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Built a manifold for my grow:

[​IMG]

and built a quantum light for my grow:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh shit it’s almost game on. Did the drilling through pvc give you any trouble?

15. threading the ball valves was probably the toughest part - I didn't have the right T handle (needed 1/2 inch and had a 1/4 T Handle) so I was stuck using the thread tool on my socket wrench. This resulted in some of them angling a few degrees in different directions but for the most part as you see it's fine!

The second struggle was getting the nylon thread tape to stay in place - the pvc threads would just push the nylon tape out of the threading.

Next step is to fill it with water and check for leaking

• Like Like x 1
  16. Today I got some stuff for a single bucket DWC system DIY. Going to run a side by side with soil, 2 plants under a 600w both taken from cuttings from the same Northern Light mum. First time doing hydro and hydro chem nutes.

If I'm going to ardently say that organics is as good if not better than chem nutes then perhaps I should prove it, if only to myself. What can I lose @Soil2Coco I would happily be wrong so lets give it a go. Didnt fancy going the whole coco route, bubbler setup for 1 plant seems easier for me to manage and also the learning curve in relation to keeping ph as needed etc etc etc. Better dust of the ph pen and tds/ec meters I bought years ago but have never used once lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. awesome Ted, best of luck on the project!! Look forward to your results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It will be some time, I'm guessing about 5 months till harvest from the clone rooting.

I was looking at CMH while at the hydro shop. All this LED talk and people saying HPS is dead, but maybe LEDs are already dead with these plasmas. I'm now looking at plasmas and thinking that would be a better route than replacing 3000w of hps in flower with 8 315 CMH's rather than G-d knows how many QBs

19. I'm using CMH's myself right now and i'm switching to quantum boards if that changes anything for you. I've been told my 4 QB120's @ 150 watts can outperform my 315w CMH in my 2x4. I am skeptical about the plant in the center of the tent but i'm positive the QB's will be better for the left and right plants because of the coverage.

outperform my current light at half the wattage cost? sold.

20. Today I will be getting my solid core copper wire in from amazon, that will allow me to finally complete my build out of my quantum board lights. This means tonight I might have some lighting testing pictures to show on here.

I'm hoping to have the light built, stable, and installed into the grow room 2x4 tent tonight.