What Did you do at work today?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buzzlightyear, Jul 20, 2010.

1. So i saw the "my day" thread and thought a what did you do at work today thread would be pretty cool too. If its too much the same or there is another one like this feel free to close this thread.

But anyways today at work I lifted a patio, regraded it and then relaid the patio tiles at a condo.

2. My day started off with a co-worker getting fired, cleaning out her desk and storming off.

Then I met with one of our tour leaders, a crazy bird watcher.

I wrote a lot of e-mails.

Spoke to a crazy woman on the phone.

And I'm still a little drunk from Saturday night.

3. walked the same bunch of dogs that I do every day :O

4. 9:35 woke up
    9:46 Toked up
    9:50-10:10 Smash bros.
    10:30 got to work, toke up
    11:00-12:46 drove the gokarts to "warm up the tires"
    12:50 ate half of a big ham hoggie, had a cig
    1:00-3:00 proceed to "warm up the tires"
    3:05-3:25 ate the other half of my sandwitch, had a cig
    3:30-3:59 watched speed channel
    4:00 im off

5. Put some shit in inventory. Picked up that shit from various orders. Boxed that shit. Processed that shit.

x100

Yaaaa what a day..

6. I want your job

7. Sold.
    Picked up.
    Sold.

8. I didn't work today but..

thursday was my first day at work at a new job. I was all stressed about getting a drug test, but by the end of the day a co-worker smoked a blunt with me. It was kinda a crazy day, started out being nervous as fuck, and left being high as fuck, lol.

I didn't do much but clean and empty garbage cans randomly. I spend most the day just sitting on my ass.

9. serviced 5 air conditioners
    hooked up a faucet
    hooked up garbage disposal
    hooked up ice maker line
    hooked up a couple drains
    exposed my buttcrack to an old lady

10. Trained a kid to do my job. I'm working at a deli now but my last day is Saturday. No one knows I'm leaving work except for my mom and cousins, who are both co-workers. It was slow and I told him that part of his training is kinda standing around on Monday afternoons when we're slow. It's the absolute truth, too.

We mostly talked about what going to college is like. He's going into his Freshman year, and I'm graduating at the end of the year. We're both going to the same school in a bad area (North Philly). I just told him where the best places to live/party/eat were, how to use ratemyprofessors.com, how to find lecture classes (no attendance), and ways to get past securty/school police officers (our school actually has its own branch of Philly cops, so if you're from Philly you probably know which University I'm talking about).

He smokes, so I told him the trick of using the shower to smoke up, and then pouring shampoo on the shower floor with hot water hitting it. It makes the whole area smell like shampoo/soap and takes care of smoke. This was easily the most interesting thing I taught him today.

11. hahaha I need a job

Handed out Resumes...boring as shit

but this thread brings me back to when I Started working for a gas station. someone asked for 20 in gas and i filled there tank to the brim...I got fired and yelled at for like 2 hours by the boss...threw my hat and shirt and walked out

(oh and it wasn't even my fault my dumb boss told me too)

12. yeah i want the kid that tokes up and drives go karts around all day, iwant his job lol.

today at work i tore up a bunch of asphalt on the road with a skidsteer/back hoe attachment, like a boss, then proceded to clean it up

13. Today I:

Smoked a fat joint

Smoked some hash with another employee

Got to test run 4 go-carts for like 4 laps to make sure they were fixed properly

Played hella Simpsons pinball and this rad racing game when the manager was outside pulling weeds

Ate a fat bowl of some dank strawberry ice cream

Oh how I love slow days at JNC family fun center

14. Fixed 360s, more 360s, and a few PS3s. Then sat at my laptop browsing GC.

15. Today was my first day at my new job. After about 10 minutes of getting situated with everything I pretty much just sun-tanned, talked and sat around, oh and get free munchies:D

16. I fucking quit :wave:

17. make pizzas for 4 hours and eat pizza

18. im a busboy so i clean shit n make it look nice , take plates

19. played with dogs and saved their lives

20. vacuumed a huge party tent(with a shitty, shitty vacuum), then weed wacked all the edges of the property. and also moved 250 chairs. fun day