Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blue_Lou_Boyle, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Smoked my first ever joint of my own creation (previously I've had to use a pipe if I'm smoking on my own) and I can't say it was a great success.

The joint burnt far too quickly compared to other joints I've smoked.

I followed quite a few guides, and although it wasn't that neat, it was all rolled, did resemble the right shape, nothing was spilling, and I was able to fit a roach, as well as twist the other end.

I used Rizzla Greens which I'd been advised were decent papers.

For the mix I subbstituted the traditional tobacco with Parsley (which I'd read online was a good subbstitute) which I'd also used earlier in practice joints, which seemed to burn fine.

The reason I didn't use tobacco was because I'm not a tobacco smoker, and don't want to pick up a habit!

Perhaps I'd be better skipping the Parsley, and going pure next time?

Finally, my stuff was slightly dry and crumbly, although it had worked fine in my pipe earlier.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Usually when a joint burns to fast it means that you didnt roll it tight enough.

You dont have to mix anything with your weed when rolling a joint. You can just use straight weed. Thats what I do.

Some people just prefer mixing with tobacco for several reasons that im not going to get into.

I would suggest just rolling your joints tighter and make sure the paper is a bit moist.

You weed could also be to dry.

Good luck.

3. make sure you roll that shit tight so it burns slow, but not so tight that you can't pull it. when i roll i usually check how it pulls before i light it.

4. I agree, roll it tighter. I don't know how spices burn exactly, so I don't know if that affected it. Just use bud, if you mess up then try again.

5. if your a beginner, don't even worry about rolling a joint too tight. roll that motherfucker as tight as you can, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

don't forget, it's an art not a science, there's no RIGHT way

and also, don't practice with parsley or tobacco. roll a j with weed, if it sucks, use another paper and try again. its always best to learn rolling the real thing, and you don't have to smoke every joint you roll.

goodluck bro in all your rolling endeavors

6. Thanks for the help dudes, yeah, I figure my joint was pretty loose, so I'll try and get it as tight as I can next time, I've got a friend that's been rolling for years so I'll probably try rolling a couple in front of him and gettng him to inspect them before lighting up.

Cheers everyone:D