What did I do to these ladies?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zerotheory, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hey there, I've got an issue that I was hoping would go away.
    I've just moved these from window sun to 12/12 CFLs, and switched from Miracle Grow to the Foxfarm trio pack, (tiger bloom, big bloom, and grow big).
    The soil stays wet for up to 5 or 6 days, I added what I thought was a decent ammt of perlite but it stays wet so long I worry about root rot.
    Also I used a ph meter for fish tanks that ranges from 6.0 to 7.5, I flushed them first before adding the new foxfarm nutes, but the water tested at 6.0 afterwards (I don't have ph up yet). I don't see any signs of bugs or other pest related reasons why this could be happening.
    So is it from ph being too low? Staying wet too long? Something else?
    Please view the pics and tell me your expert opinions :D

Attached Files:

2. They look healthy to me, well they are good color and good size. Bigger than mine, how old are the one in the middle picture? picture #2

How many holes do you have in the bucket? Soil staying wet for 5 days after u water? Are you overwatering?
    Some ppl like the bags for that reason and they are cheap, tons of tiny holes for good airration..

3. how many plant have you growed

4. Probably a mg deficiency from low ph. Get the ph above 6.5 and not higher than 6.8. I tsp of epsom salt to the gallon works for mg and 1/4 tsp(spray bottle) as a foliar spray for immediate uptake.
    Put an oscilatting fan on the plants to help dry out and only water when the pots are light in weight. 5-6 days is about right for watering the size of those plants. Best time to water is just before they start to wilt.

5. Should I go ahead and attempt to correct the ph problem now? or wait till they dry up a bit before adding more water to correct it?

6. #7 colafarmer, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
    Do those pots your using have sufficient drain holes in the bottom???
    If your using MG potting soil, or a soil with time release ferts I would transplant into another soil. Would be better to transplant when more healthy.

I might let them dry out a few more days using fans and low humidity then run ph'd water with some epsom salts. Enough water that you get a good measure of run off. Flowering is not a good time to start fixing problems, but the plants will not recover unless you fix the ph....
    Overwatering occurs with the frequency of waterings and not the amount you water with each watering, unless you have poor drainage.
    Read my post on adjusting ph if you need help http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/616796-soil-ph.html