What deficiency is this ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dannible, Feb 20, 2017.

1. I'm growing some "Dro" Bagseeds, just upper quality weed to me, but I've been growing under a 100 equal LED bulb since I germinated and 5 days in I switched to a 300 watt equal CFL, I had a small problem with Gnats before I planted and killed the eggs but there was like 2 or 3 flying near the plant, but it grew to this regardless, I'm believing it could be a vitamin deficiency only because I've never gave it any additives until today, I gave it some superthrive and Miracle grow Water solution only because that's all I had, but I'm still worried on what it is, or what I could do to fix it, I'm growing in a perlite, organic soil, and miracle potting soil, I've been also worried about drainage but I see runoff..
    Might be gnats but there was only 2, or 3 and I killed all the seeds, nothing 2 inches within the dirt

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you want to grow anything further get rid of that soil. Gnats are bad. The larvae nest in the soil and survive on anything vegetative aka your root system. Root systems are the most important thing for a plant.

The soil will always contain these gnats when you water your plant, you'll see them leave when the soil dries up, but return every watering. So here's what you do. Get a new soil transplant your plant and clean your tent as one added measure to keep those pests away.

As for soils I use promix. gnats won't live in promix. There are other types of products such as promix, just so some reasearch on promix hp/bx

Coco. You can transplant in coco. I'm not an expert in coco, but here again, gnats won't live in coco.

Good luck man, and remember, if you want anything decent, change your soil asap

3. Some of the best grows that i have seen have been done in soil so i wouldn't change what your doing because of this guys opinion. If you do see knats there are many ways to get rid of them rather easily i might add. If you do not over water and make sure you let that soil dry out really good before you water again youll be fine. That yellow spot looks like maybe some water got on the leaves when you were watering maybe?

4. Promix is a soil.

You don't know what your talking about. Doesn't sound like you've grown before. Have you ever had gnats? Have you ever gotten rid of gnats?

I grow.

I had gnats my first grow using fox farms

I fixed the problem, with the answer I gave.

You did not provide any answers, how can you possibly not over water a plant and let it dry out as much as possible? The roots in the whole pot need nutrients, not just the top of the soil.

Anytime you water a medium infected with larvae you are going to get flies, no matter how you water it. You can get dolomite or mosquitoes dunks you can get sticky traps. Essentially...you keep that soil your going to combat this problem your whole grow.

Again, change your soil to a promix or coco, something that isn't loaded with ferts. A lot of premixed soils have fertilizers that already have the damn larvae living inside before you open the damn bag, this is fine if your growing outside, but no not inside.

Jeez man...you gotta be kidding me

5. Forget about the gnats. Your problem is the MG soil and water. Get yourself some good nutrients and transplant out of that soil as quickly as possible. MG has slow release fertz that mess up your plants. If you can't get more soil let the plant grow and don't give it anymore of that MG water as the MG already has enough crappy stuff in it now. Also make sure you're letting the soil dry out between watering.

6. Lol not everyone who grows in soil has Knat problems! Your right I have no idea what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you!

7. Gnats are surprisingly easy to get rid of actually, no need to change soil.

• Like Like x 1
  8. There are non ferted soils that you will never have gnats. So you will never have to get rid of them in the first place.

i know not everybody gets Knats in soil, but a lot do so...

I've seen journals where someone used soil from lowes also where people have used miracle grow, without having Knat issues.

Non ferted soil is great for seedlings and clones.

9. There's no soil that they cant lay eggs in, at least none that I've ever seen or heard of. The fertilizer isn't what they're attracted to. They're attracted to co2 and to moist conditions (so the eggs will have fungus to feed off of when they hatch, they're more than happy to eat your roots when they run out)

They'll even dig under a top layer of dry sand to lay eggs underneath, they can even infest hydro grows..

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sorry OP, got a bit off topic..

If you want to make sure it's not fungus gnats, next time the soil dries well, toss a slice of potato on top of the soil, check it after a bit and see if there are any larvae.

If you don't see any flying around recently, and the potato trick doesn't show any signs, then you can remove that from the list of possibilities.

11. You're problem is 100% watering too soon. Let the soil dry out properly before watering.

And only use water. Don't add any super thrive, miracle grow or anything else. Just water. That soil will have more than enough nutes for ages

• Like Like x 1
  12. Promix is actually considered a soiless medium just so you know in the future! Funny though i just looked at some of your posts it would seem you just recently started growing maybe a year or two if that. So Master keep reading like i have seen others tell you to do as well. you have a long way to go to catch up!

• Like Like x 1
  13. What does fertilizer have to do with gnats??

I was also wondering why you mentioned dolomite lime in reference to gnats?

J

• Like Like x 1