Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What causes different highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by praisedkatt, Oct 29, 2010.

1. So there's Sativas, indicas and hybrids, responsible for cerebral and body highs But what exactly causes u to have different highs with different strains for example uncontrollable laughter. this does not fall under body or head high, and even if it was a sativa characteristic y do only some strains posses it?

I was wondering what could account for the subtle differences between strains. I mean you can have 2 different strains with the same ratio of sativa/indica, both covered in trichs and and grown very well, both have 25 % THC and
    yet it is possible for both of them to consistently give you different highs?
    THC and CB is what gets u high right? both strains have may have the same levels but yet one may make u laugh alot and the other wont.

is it, does it have to do with other molecules the THC bonds to:confused:? Does it have to do with other hallucinogens in the smoke that may be specific for different strains? I'm guessing it has to be something chemical other than the THC.

any pros out there please help me answer this

2. theres a shit ton of different chemicals then THC, and all kinds of combinations in every plant. thats why every high is different.

3. Are these chemicals in those white trichs or elsewhere on the bud?

4. different weed, different highs motha fucka :metal:

:yay:

5. Duh dumbass, maybe u should read the entire post

6. #6 Makizushi, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010

whoa whoa whoa brother, why are you trippin??

-----
    To answer your in depth, it's genetics man... :bongin:

7. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
    Boiling point: MP52
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Each of these cannabinoids contribute to your high and the ratio of each compound might be different depending on the strain you're smoking. I'm not sure if this was what you're looking for but I hope this helps! :wave:

8. lol yeah man chill out, don't come on here with 59 posts and start talkin shit lol

9. this is so interesting! does the method of consumption affect which cannabinoids you take in?

10. dude. every plant produces bud with qualities unique to its experiences. as a growing organism, it is incredibly complex and each plant (even if clones of the same mother) will not end up compltely identical.

11. well if you have a vaporizer you could lower the temperature i guess... this would cause you to not activate some of the cannabinoids. but i prefer all of them :D

but! each plant will have a unique combination of cannabinoids, so each will cause a completely unique high. as unique as my DNA i think.

12. Yes thank you this does help!!!!!

Does anyone know if these are stored in the white crystals or elsewhere in the bud?

13. You also have to take into consideration the mood you are in before/while you toke and the environment you are in. Every detail matters. Sometimes you get a laughing high out of a bud while you are with your friends watching some hilarious comedy show and the next day you are home alone, you smoke the exact same nug as yesterday and you don't feel the same buzz and you don't laugh as much. Maybe because you are watching something shitty and unfunny. Maybe because you smoked a little bit more or less. Maybe this time you used a different piece. You also have to take into consideration the human senses capabilities to measure and assess correctly subtle differences. You can be sure that you are not as accurate in your assessment as you initially thought when analyzing your high. So, unless you have a big sample size of testing a certain strain, you can't really assign accurate characteristics to the high it gives since the environment you smoke in is uncontrolled and every details has impact on your high.

14. That's a good point. But lets say u can identify certain characteristics of a specific high off a specific strain. I know this is possible cause yes there are 2 strains in particular that I've smoked alot, one of them was master kush which was all i smoked for like 2 months straight, and yeah i can def attribute certain specific qualities to that high, give me a blindfold smoke test and i'm sure i can 9/10 times pick out Master kush (taste aside).

I just was wondering if the alternative hallucinogens are also found in the crystals or elswhere in the bud

15. Terpenes affect it too. They're the compounds that determine the strain's smell, as well as some of it's specific effects.

I'm too lazy to get into specifics haha, but there's plenty of info out there about it. Google it.

16. As far as smoking goes, I don't see how it could. If you vaped with different temperatures, definitely. If you don't burn the THV, (last chemical listed) you don't get the couch-lock effect, which is why vaporizing might give you a more energetic high than a few bong rips would

17. Word up, Yo.

18. lol!!!!!!! :hello:

19. Very Interesting, I agree! I never knew that's how it worked, but it makes sense. How do you know this stuff?

20. based upon my experience
    your experience and the situation you are high at are some factor wich result with you experiencing different 'high'