Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what can you do with hash???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bigga Jawz, Feb 28, 2012.

1. me and a friend of mine are going to get 5 grams of good weed and then grind it up in my grinder to get the kief. we were thinking of making hash but what can you do with hash? i know you can smoke kief i do it all the time but can you smoke hash? what is the point of hash? i was thinking of making hash brownies.

2. I hate you

3. whats the difference between smoking hash and kief then?

4. lol then wtf is the point of making hash if there is no difference, im just gonna smoke kief.

5. You really are not going to get that much from 5g.

6. Dear lord. If you make hash right it will be more potent. You could make some bomb hash edibles too

7. trust me i will. i grinded up 2 grams of the same stuff im gonna get again and there was a lot more kief than i had expected.

8. lets say the weed is 15% thc. 5 grams at best will only yeild .75 grams of hash. and thats at the very very most

9. thats a lot for me if i just smoke that with my weed.

10. ya but you'd have to get more weed then. lol. just smoke that 5g dont bother making hash unless you can at least get a quarter

11. You must have a magic grinder or have very low expectations. If you press hash off of keif from 5g of bud I doubt you will even get a usable disc. For me it would probably only be barley enough to top off one bowl if even that. From the sounds of the question you are a newbie so maybe that will be enough for you. Enjoy what you get but don't expect much.

12. I have a bubble magic machine and I'm lucky to get 15% in one run. I've never seen close to 15% from a grinder unless maybe you scrub the weed on the screen. I'd be surprised if he gets 5%

13. Yeah dont make that in to hash, if you want to make it into edibles, use the straight up buds, 5 grams of bud will hardly give u much kief. You need bud to place kief on top of so it doesn't get sucked into your bongwater/mouth anyways.

If u must make it into kief though, dry it out really good first, put it in the freezer coverered, then sift it.

14. 5 grams of the absolute best weed ever won't yield you .75 of kief. You'd need to run at least an ounce threw your grinder before you start getting close to a gram of kief, from dank. 5 grams will probably get you enough for a nice bowl pack, but that's it.

I'd recommend just waiting until you save more kief. If you really want to smoke it though, freeze the nugs a little before you grind them. This will knock a lot of the trichomes off your weed, but it works well. I don't like freezing my weed though, I just grind nugs normally and be patient about the kief.

15. Technically good very dank weed can yield .75g from 5g, that is just a 15% kief yield, and 15% is relatively about where it starts to max out on kief/hash production.

An ounce of good weed would definitely yield at least 2.5 grams of kief, at the least.

BTW to anyone wanting to make kief, id recommend to use a kief/pollen box, not a grinder, if you want a lot of kief, far better and easier to get kief. Grinders arent made specifically to catch kief, that is just a by product of grinding (if you have a kief catcher on said grinder) I got mine on eBay for 25$.