What Can I Grow In This

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by drjekyllandmrhigh, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Hi,

I have a grow box that has a height of 24 inches, a width of 14 inches and a depth of 14 inches, so the dimensions are 24x14x14 inches

I know this is small but I have seen pc grow boxes so if they can grow in that then I can surely grow something in this.

My question is what can I grow in this size box and what kind of method, technique should I use, I already have 4 auto bubble feminised seeds, and a power Africa feminised seed which I got free with the auto bubbles.

I have attached some pictures of my box I made, tell me what you think.. I haven't added any lights yet just a pc fan and a adjustable air vent and white mylar sheet. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. You might be able to grow one very small plant.

Ok, would I need to do lst or anything like that, should I use my auto bubble strain or use the power Africa and flower early. Im so confused and don't want to start growing and run out of space half way through the grow.

4. That's enough for a small plant.... maybe around less than an ounce dry.

5. Theres a strain talked about in the strain guide that can fully mature at a foot to 18" tall... and is a good smoke... you could put a little $$$ in it and put a new fancy led panel incthe top.... runs so cool and intense now.... would really max a little bush in there..... so... no heat worries... just be sure its got some sorta vent fan for circulation.......

6. use cfl's

7. I would use led but I don't no how to work it out so that it is equivalent to the correct cfl usage, if I were to use 2 23w cfls which is equivalent to about 210w, this is according to the packaging instructions in my local store, how much led do you need for that. If you don't mind me asking what is this strain you are on about, would be great if I could get something like that.

How much cfl would you say use for this space and it would be for one plant.

Nice, do you thing I should do any lst or anything like that. If I were to do lst, when do you first start it, and how often do you need to do it.

10. i would use about 6 for the top(42 watt if u can find them) & a few more for side lighting later

11. is that the equivalent or is that the actual wattage of the cfl

12. actual wattage

13. It seems you think cfl's are a lot stronger then they are..... thats 200 reg bulb watts... not h.p.s. 200 equiv. It would take a lotttt of cfl to equal a 250 watt h.p.s. system...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 drjekyllandmrhigh, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013

I do not think cfs's are stronger than what they are, but I know what they are and if you read my post then you will see that is not what I said. By saying equivalent I meant the equivalent to incandescent bulbs which is what it says on the packaging. Nobody even mentioned anything about hps. When you buy a 23w cfl it will say on the box it equals to about 105 regular bulb watt this is according to my local store.

Thanks bigc, what would you do with this size grow box, what would you do with lighting, growing methods, size of pot, type of strain (auto/regular), nutes, etc..

I just need to know these things because I can crack on and get started then maybe show it on here with a little journal.

16. My appologies man.. i just saw you say use two 23 watt cfl's and equals 200watts etc... i did just assume because 200 indandescent watts isn't gonna do much of anything...... you need several of those style cfl's.... like a lot.. another option is t5 high output flouros.. low wattage and no heat at all really.. but can get about 8,000 lumens outta one 2 ft setup.. holds 4 23 watt t5 bulbs... agrobrite i think is a good one. Has good reflectors.. everything contained.. has 6400 agro bulbs and 2700 flowering bulbs available.... wont burn your canopy... not as strong as led.. but sooo much cheaper....

17. And "Pinkbud" from secretgardenseeds.com has the strain amongst others.. cant plan 4 per square ft and grow to avg 20 inches high... thats stated in cannabis indica: the essential guide

18. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Thanks humphammer, good information you posted I will have a look at that.

20. That's a pretty sick setup, I have seen people grow in smaller, just make sure the plant isn't to big and make sure you top it a lot and just invest in some kind of auto low ryder.