What breed of dog should i get ?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by 420dopeaf, Aug 14, 2012.

1. well my sister recently graduated from Hs and she's going to france for college so i gave her my dog. so she wouldnt be lonely and have something to remember me by any time she feels down lol.

so now im looking into getting a new dog , my girlfriend said she doesnt want another beagle because there to hype so now im stumped on what i should get. i want a powerful and protective dog thats also friendly to those he's familiar with. a dog that can be chill but once its time to get into action they get into action. Suggestions ?

2. Get a husky or an Alaskan malamute

3. I, personally, would get an English Bulldog, or a German Shepard.

4. Adopt one dude, go to a shelter and find one you like there.

5. [quote name='"Purp Skurp"']Adopt one dude, go to a shelter and find one you like there.[/quote]

but i wanna know which breed of dog to adopt ,

6. Just pick the one you like man! Breed doesn't really matter, in the end in comes down to how it's trained! Just go to the shelter and say you're interested in adopting, they'll let you chill and play with the dogs, you can even take them for a walk in some places, and some places also have areas where you can let the dog loose and run around with it.

7. [quote name='"Weasel King"']

Just pick the one you like man! Breed doesn't really matter, in the end in comes down to how it's trained! Just go to the shelter and say you're interested in adopting, they'll let you chill and play with the dogs, you can even take them for a walk in some places, and some places also have areas where you can let the dog loose and run around with it.[/quote]

adopting dogs is free right ?

8. I've had 4 German shepards and I can't see how another dog could possibly be so amazing

9. No, it isn't. The cost will depend on your local shelter, and typically the age of the dog. (Puppies being the most expensive, with dogs 7-8y/o's+ being the cheapest)

At my local shelter, puppies under 6 months are $350, dogs 1 y/o-7y/o are $150 and senior dogs are $90. Sounds like a lot but shelter dogs always come neutered/spayed as well as already having all their shots, so in the end you are saving money because you WILL need to get the dog shots/ neutered if you got it somewhere else.

10. It sounds like a Doberman Pinscher would fit the bill perfectly.

11. I highly recommend going to your nearest ASPCA animal shelter and rescuing a dog. You won't find a more loyal, loving pup than one who's life you save. Plus it's just a really good thing to do lol.

As far as breed, I would go with a golden retriever or an old english sheep dog. maybe an irish setter. But what matters more than breed is personality, just find a pup that fits your personality and you're good to go.

12. Lol... These are probably the two least "protective" dog breeds in existence.

13. Couple years ago i got a neopolitain mastif for free .. She cool I think the puppies are like 1500 to 3000 a dog .. Look at YouTube videos

14. [quote name='"Weasel King"']

No, it isn't. The cost will depend on your local shelter, and typically the age of the dog. (Puppies being the most expensive, with dogs 7-8y/o's+ being the cheapest)

At my local shelter, puppies under 6 months are $350, dogs 1 y/o-7y/o are $150 and senior dogs are $90. Sounds like a lot but shelter dogs always come neutered/spayed as well as already having all their shots, so in the end you are saving money because you WILL need to get the dog shots/ neutered if you got it somewhere else.[/quote]

those are pretty good prices . i dont wanna pup either i wanna grown dog so that 150$ price tag has me convinced. im gonna look into this adopting a dog thing

15. That's awesome man! Just google, "yourcity Humane society" or "yourcity animal shelter" I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for :)

16. [quote name='"Weasel King"']That's awesome man! Just google, "yourcity Humane society" or "yourcity animal shelter" I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for :)[/quote]

lol i will . thanks man :smoke:

17. Perro de Presa Canario

best damn dogs ever next to the beagle :>

18. Just found a new breed you might be interested in. A "Ukrainian Parkour".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXElh_VM0Uc]TreT - PARKOUR DOG FROM UKRAINE - YouTube[/ame]

19. dude get a pitbull, best dogs ever i swear, and it meets your needs perfectly