what brand is a good one

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cns17, Apr 19, 2011.

1. I was mixing my nutz/water and my ph is off. I was told to get PH up and PH down. I have never used the stuff yet, I grow in soil if that matters. Does anyone know a good brand...more for your buck so to speak?

2. #2 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    General organics is the best.. I use flora nova series for 10 and the 3 part general organics Micro hardwater, Grow, and bloom and flouralicious plus.. Be careful with fp 2tsp per 5 gal... All the rest ph is always balanced. And I have well water the shit is horrible corrodes everything.. As far as ones I've tried and didn't like.. I dont like foxfarm for anything but their soil. Their nutes are overrated... General hydroponics/general organics has tons of stuff youll find to be top of the line for the price... They work as well as the earthjuice etc..

3. #3 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    Ph up or down is easy add up if the ph is too low add down if too high.. Check ph of runoff From bottom of bag or pot.. Keep adding until right use as dirrected

4. #4 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    The nutes your using is prob the reason due to the concentration.. Also give only water in between feeds to get rid of calcium salt depsits which cause ph to be off..

5. you local fish store has what u need its what i use my girls dont mind it at all

6. thanks and I know what you mean about Fox Farm...

Can you change your nutz if your only in the 3rd week of veg?

I ask because I like want to switch my cns17 nutz and try another brand on just a few plants to see what I like more.

7. #7 Ohio614boi, Apr 19, 2011
    You can Change nutes anytime just be careful because all products are concentrated differently so the only prob would be burning due to ph level acidity.. If using soil.. Plain water a couple feeds to clean old nutes out as much as possible.. I change also when I don't feel the nutes that I'm using are strong enough for a particular Strain..

8. Good deal :hello:

I flushed the girls, took ppm's down(OFF THE CHART). Got my ph up to 6.4 with PH up. I'm waiting till the first feeding, I sould be golden :D