What are your plans/dreams for your car?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by BlazeLE, Jul 29, 2012.

1. The inline 6 is more reliable and ANY gas mileage helps me. I already had two people want to trade, the first guy said it had the "inline v6" I stopped talking to him after that. The second guy had a newborn and needed a/c, it is bypassed in my car. Some people need gas mileage man, don't ruin my dreams haha.

2. #22 9D3, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    I know most people say the inline 6 is more reliable, but the i6, 5.2 and 5.9 V8s are all very reliable, strong engines that will last a long-ass time if maintained slightly well.
    Hell, I drove my 5.9 for probably 2000kms with pretty much no oil in it because the dipshits at the place I went to didn't realize part of an oil change is putting new oil in... When I added the necessary amount of oil (3.5L!) most of the strange noises went away and it still runs fine. Not once has it failed to start, cut out while driving... Very reliable for the time I've had it :)

Now I'm not saying you should get one with a 5.9 in it, that'll definitely be much worse than the I6. But you should really consider looking at the ones with the 5.2 (or 4.7 if you're looking at the WJ). The 5.2's gas mileage is only 1 or 2 mpg worse than the 4.0, and the 4.0 is gutless. You may even use more gas with the 4.0 than the 5.2 because you'll be pushing the gas pedal in trying to find power.

That ended up being a longer post than expected... Basically - don't rule out the 5.2 V8 if you're looking at ZJs or the 4.7 V8 if you're looking at WJs because their gas mileage is almost the same as the 4.0 I6.

edit: LMAO at "inline v6". Sucks about the second guy though :(

3. this is my car:

[​IMG]

plans include boost, replacement of the ancient tech rear end and a half cage, performance-wise. euro bumpers or '87is front/tucked rear bumper, some 16's (more than likely mesh style wheelsm, think bbs rs'), and maybe iX side skirts.

shooting for ~250hp, not more than 325ish. i want a car that i can drive to its limits and not mine.

4. Wise...

5. v8's are definitely not ruled out. If you think the 4.0 is gutless, try driving the 2.5 4 cyl haha. I really would like the selec-trac transfercase also. In these wisconsin winters having the full time 4x4 for driving the icy roads and having the part time 4x4 would be great for the deep snow. I just really want something that won't get stuck in 6 inches of snow.

6. 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0

I got it less than a month ago with a 4.5 lift already on there and other mods

[​IMG]

I plan on getting 2 inch coil spacers for the front,longer shackles for the rear and Possibly an add a leaf for my 4.5" leaf pack

I wanna sit at 6.5 with 35/12.50-15

Other plans are a slip yoke eliminator,drop pitman arm and an adjustable track bar

I would also like to go to a junkyard to get a tie rod,tie rod ends and brake booster from a v8 Zj

This is my daily so I wanna have it in the best working order for when I start hitting aggressive trails

Here she is next to a stock zj

[​IMG]

Yes,my passenger mirror is broken

7. She's good-lookin' ;)

What did you pay? Everything looks really cleanly done :)

8. Thanks!

And I paid $800,I got it at an online insurance auction.

Only thing it needs is a turn signal bulb,passenger mirror and temp gauge sensor

9. That's amazing! What a deal. Engine still runs strong? (it's a 4.0 I6, of course it does! lol)

10. #30 InitialToke93, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    Fuck i just found some extreme as fuck custom aero ,perfect for function time attack wise for the GTR and its strictly a track car now so the veilside kit i just bought wont be going on it , Anyone wanna buy a BRAND NEW Veilside C1 FULL body kit for a BNR32 ? lol

11. getting tint put on as i type this lol One day it will see CAI, Header, full exhaust, flashpro, dyno tune, twm STS, and a few other goodies ^_^