What are your irrational fears?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spiritdance3, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Had some really freaky shit happen to me this morning, a roach fell on my shoulder while I was taking shower and I nearly died from the horror. So it prompted me to write about the experience to find out what your IRRATIONAL fears are. You can throw in some normal ones too, but what is it that scares the shit out of you and makes absolutely no sense?

Mine:

cockroaches.

whats yours?

2. Spiders, i used to love them but now i just fucking hate them so much.

3. deep water. I hate it, I get genuinely scared swimming in water that I can't stand in, even in swimming pools. It's strange, as I'm actually a really good swimmer, but yeah I just hate it.

4. Swimming pools and trusting people, both are huge fears of mine.

5. Silly humans.

I have no irrational fears.

I do however, have very real fears to attend to such as:
    1. Arrested for buying green.
    2. college work.
    3. Not getting laid :/

6. I'm curious about what the cause was for the change in attitude? Did it just happen, or is there an interesting story behind it?

My irrational fears:
    That I have a brain tumor and I'm dying. ( I have some anxiety issues)

Spending my entire life alone, and that no one could ever love me enough to put up with me.

Swimming in murky water where I can't see what's beneath me or around me. I can force myself to get over this one, but I always feel weirded out.

7. Spiders...

I used to be fine until a really bad episode of sleep deprivation / amphetamine psychosis and it's never been the same since... doesn't help that 90% of the spiders I see are blending into everything except the color black so I never see them unless they're on me or right next to me.

I have a lot of anxiety issues as well Zoranj, so I have almost an infinite amount of irrational fears that I can't even think of right now... they all just come to me in the moment. I'm always worried about my health as well... always thinking worse case scenario is my downfall.

8. I am terrified of petting very small dogs....for some reason I think their eyes are going to pop out of their heads

9. Flying. It sucks because I want to travel to a lot of sweet places overseas and boats just take way too long and the cost is rediculous.

10. Wow, I have all those fears, too...

The last one is because there are possibly sharks and crocodiles lurking beneath.:devious:

But yes, I fear being alone, for no one can love someone as fucked up as I am.

11. Restrictive clothing.

Yeah, seriously. I'll go aussie style down a 300ft rock face but if I get the slightest bit trapped within my own clothes I'll freak the fuck out. I kinda Hulk Smash when it happens until I'm free.

12. #12 Goldmine, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010

me too, did you see JAWS at an early age? im a really good swimmer, but i dont go into deep water alone, even a pool( i can stand in the shallow end all day, but looking out into that deep end, it might as well be an ocean..) ive tried to just wade in the deep end by myself for awhile to face the fear, and im always compelled to climb out by a vague sense of danger. or if i just do laps in a pool, with goggles, it causes a lot of anxiety for me. if im alone.

but even if im not alone, the right scenario can be very scary.. at a local water park for example, the really tall slides put you into a shallow chute and you climb out and thats it, but the medium slides spit you out into this enourmous 20 foot deep pool, and its terrifying, you have to swim all the way across to get out. there are people everywhere but it just doesnt matter, bc im at the mercy of the abyss. there are enourmous drains down there, pressures, currents. god knows what else.

also: spiders, roaches, and many many other bugs. like if i see a roach, i'll jump 2 feet in the air. and i might cry.

13. turtles...man i fucking hate turrtles they fucking creep me the fuck out. fuck them.

14. #14 housey, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
    I dont like swimming in deep water in the ocean, especially when its a dark murky colour and choppy (I'm fine with pools etc and lakes). It always makes me think I'm about to be aken by a shark or stung by a massive jellyfish. When I'm out say waterskiing or wakeboarding and I wipeout, sometimes I start really freaking out while the boat loops round to come get me. Othey days I can do it and I am fine.

EDIT wow this seems to be a fairly common phobia for us gcers. I didnt know anyone else personally with it and most of my friends think its dumb.

15. Getting hurt by a girl.

16. crossing the street's.....it might sound odd.
    years ago I was inches from being hit by a bus along with my body being dragged and scattered on the road.
    both time's I got pulled out of the way by inches of my clothing.

I still reminisce about it. scares me really, boy I was close too being dead if it wasn't for my dad & mom's friend.<3

17. hairy vagina.......

18. hahah really dude??

19. As much as I can agree with Makizushi, I'll have to say my most irrational fear is my fear of water. For some reason there are so many aspects of it that frighten me. When I can't see into it, sea monsters are all I can think are waiting for me inside. From too high, I'm afraid to jump in. I've always been told that water slaps your balls pretty hard upon impact. And drowning, because I'm not such a great swimmer. Also, lately I've been scared of going under the water and trying to come up only to find a sheet of glass(or something clear) preventing me from rising to the surface. I guess that kinda goes with drowning.:smoking::eek::smoking:

20. No idea, when i was a kid i would always play with spiders and never had a problem, over time they just started scaring the shit out of me and now i can't even look at a spider without freaking out.