What are your guys' opinion on the legalization of marijuana nationally in the USA?

Discussion in 'General' started by abastien95, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Do you think that marijuana will ever be legalized for recreational use nationally in the US? If so, how soon? Just an opinion thread guys.

2. Oh I thought you were asking what our opinion was on if we wanted marijuana legalized nationally in the USA.

My answer was Yes.

I think federally, it MAY get through this year... just because they are probably tired in wasting money on the feds taking care of places where the weed is legal.

I don't think that will make it so that everyone else is instantly legal, since state law will still need to change. I do think that over 1-5 years, the rest of the states will fall in. Most starting to fall in on the first year. Then some states will hold off, make it another year or 2... but eventually in about 5 it will be legal all over.

3. never

why would the government do that when they can make a fortune off products like alcohol, tobacco, and prescription medication? they're ignorant fucks. and in this system, money > well being

4. The legalization of it would be a lot better. I mean, I can apply for a medical card and I'm almost positive that ill be approved, but that takes around 180 days to ensure your case. Just to play it safe, ya know?

5. I'm sorry but people who don't want weed to be legalized because of the "government" getting their "hands on my weed", just no. First of all, the government and corporations may have a very close relationship, but they're not the same. Second, think of the reason why weed is illegal. It's pretty much medicine. That anyone can grow in their house.

Even if that were an issue, think of all the people that are and are going to be stuck in jail and prison for marijuana. You think they appreciate you voting against legalization because you're too worried about the quality of your weed?

6. Greatly put. Thank you for your post.