Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are your experiences with heart rate and marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Deleted member 331568, Oct 18, 2012.

1. I find that the claim that it increases your heart rate is the most preposterous of all the claims against cannabis that I have run across, let me explain why.

There was one particular time in college where I smoked WAY WAY too much and had a super ultra mega severe panic attack; I firmly believe that it was the panic and not the cannabis that increased my heart rate. For some reason I was unable to regulate my emotions (panic) while on it.

I distinctly remember lying on my bed freaking out about when my room mate would come home, and when he finally did, I showed him that my heart was beating super hard and fast, and when he confirmed that he could feel it too, I freaked out even harder to the point of where I could see my heart beating through my shirt.

Fast forward to today, sometimes I still get a little apprehensive when I am smoking, something like "Damn, I am getting HIGH.", and then my heart starts to beat slightly fast.

But, lately I am in control of my body more so than before using bud for anxiety, and I can say that when I am calm in my mind, my heart does NOT beat any harder or faster than usual after I tell myself that I am OK.

What do you all think?

2. can also be early sign of chronic overdose. I've had it without even feeling buzzed.

3. I have a noticeable increase in heart rate when I'm high, I also feel hotter and tend to sweat more.

4. Cannabis lowers my blood pressure when I eat it.

Everything I've read seems to agree that smoking cannabis causes a brief heart rate increase, but it returns to normal within a short time.

5. Weed can cause panic attacks. You were unable to control your emotions after smoking, it's the bud that set off. It will temporarily cause blood rate and pressure to rise right after smoking but should go back down to normal after 15 mins or so

6. dude, you were just stoned, damn that sounds like it was good bud...puff puff pass. weed doesn't cause panic attacks, it's different for every person. you just gotta keep telling yourself, "I'm just high", don't be like that cop and call 911 and tell em you think you're dieing...