What are these bugs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thelackey, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Hello!

New poster here...I had this same problem at the tail end of my last grow that made me cut down considerably early..there will thousands of these things in there at that point...its since been a year since i had last grown and recently started again...lol the problem is the clones i recieved from my supplier had these very same bugs again. my plants are still young and i want to be able to knock these out before they pose too bad a problem.
    you can see it in my 2 pics...now these bugs primarily stay in the soil...i monitored them my last grow for days and they dont see to climb up the plant at all...theres no signs on my under leaves of them being there or anywhere else..my cousin who is a more experienced grower had the same issue and knocked it out with a miticite made for marijuana plants but he claimed to have a spider mite problem...not sure of the name of the solution he gave me..he just told me it cost about 150.00 to make the mixture. now i sprayed these once pHed of course and thought they were gone but i found them again this morning....these pics are from this morning..its been 3 weeks since i last treated..after seeing this i doused everything with the mixture i was given...soil, under leaves, over leaves, stalk, the totes the medium is in....the floor walls etc....im not sure if im doing something wrong...or not hitting it enough with the mixture..want to point out that even though i dont know the same of the components in the mixture they all came from one of the most reputable hydro stores here in east detroit burbs area so i trust the source...all i really want to know is if this is a spider mite or not....the piece of perlite in the picture is about the size of a m&m...i really had to zoom in with my cam to catch this little guy in a pic the bug itself is about need pin head size...quite small..

anything that can help would be appreciated...

Attached Files:

2. DON'T POST PICTURES UNDER LED LIGHT!!!!! Can't tell anything about your plant. NORMAL LIGHT. You've probably got spider mites but this is a TOTAL guess till we can get a pic. TWW

3. sry bout that...

these better?

Attached Files:

4. plant attacking mites will not be crawling around in the soil. they stay towards the top of the plant. composting mites will have 8 legs and come in a variety of colors and shapes but will always have eight legs while insects like aphids would have six legs and two pokey conicles coming out of it's butt. i can not see the butt end of the bug but i see 6 legs maybe but again, your pics are a bit blurry. if you count the legs you'll know.

if it's a composting mite, they're good, stay in the soil and won't harm the plants. plant eating mites are found on the plant and root aphids will be in the soil.