Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are "the munchies"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FreshXD, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Okay so if you've ever smoker weed you obviously know about them or have experienced them. But why do we get them? I honestly can not stop eating after I smoke. I can feel my stomach is bulging with food but I'm still hungry. Why does weed do this? Are we really that hungry all the time and just can't feel it?? Why does weed make me and so many other people hungry??

2. the thc from weed activates shit in your brain, one of those things are hunger. watch a documentary on the stuff, you can learn from it. but i just like documentaries in general.

oh and i thought this was going to be a troll thread from the title.

3. yes something in ur brain triggers it

4. lowers your blood sugar....thats why you crave sweet things

5. #5 LilTok3, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Is tacos and patato oles from taco jhons sweet, becuz that's the shit high

6. It has to do with a chemical planted in the carbon of the Tetra-Cannaboids by big name companies in the early 20th century, 1907 I believe. The head food companies back then wanted to enhance the substance in order to increase profit sales. This is why you feel the extreme hunger. When you smoke Cannabis and "get high", then you eat food and guess what, you are playing right into their open hands...

Or it could have to do with the chemical make-up of the brain, and the above is completely wrong :/

7. #7 LilTok3, Jul 25, 2011
    Whatever the fuck it is, I still love piging out when I'm stoned

8. #8 FreshXD, Jul 25, 2011
    I know I realized I should have changed the title to something like why do we get the munchies after I posted. Either way im high as fuck and am proceeding to tear apart my kitchen. I'm gonna hate myself in the morning :(. But being blazed sucks without eating a fuck ton of food.

9. #9 LilTok3, Jul 25, 2011
    You should see Super High Me, it's a documentary about not smoking for 30 days straight, then smoking for 30 days straight and how weed affects u and shit

10. sometimes i eat a shit load of fruits when im high, doesnt always have to be junk food....even though it is awesome

@Liltok I've seen that on TV a couple times and I think I watched some of it, but I was completely blazed when I did so I don't remember. I'll check it out sometime thanks.

11. #11 FreshXD, Jul 25, 2011
    I loved that movie! I watched it twice. I've also watched the union which I highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet.

12. Attack of the munchies (news - 2001)
    Attack of the munchies - 11 April 2001 - New Scientist

Endogenous cannabinoid system as a modulator of food intake.
    (full - 2003)
    [FONT=&quot]International Journal of Obesity - Endogenous cannabinoid system as a modulator of food intake[/FONT]

Machinery Of The 'Marijuana Munchies' (news - 2005)
    [FONT=&quot]Machinery Of The 'Marijuana Munchies'

[/FONT] Endocannabinoids selectively enhance sweet taste (full - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Endocannabinoids selectively enhance sweet taste[/FONT]

A low-Δ9tetrahydrocannabinol cannabis extract induces hyperphagia in rats. (abst – 2010)[FONT=&quot] A low-[/FONT]

That should cover it!

Granny :wave:

13. wasn't there research about weed increasing the rate of digestion as well? that and lowering blood sugar was wat i thought were the cause of the hunger and the sense heightening effects sure help :p:smoke: