What are the chances of getting caught growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by maytimegrower, May 8, 2007.

1. ok, there is a set of pine tree's with a open spot for sunlight about 150 yards from my house out in the woods and there is another house 150 yards from that spot also so will helicopters be able to spot it if i only plant a couple close to pines and other green plants and also how far will you be able to smell it from and what would they do to you if someone found the plants not on your land but close to your house?

2. i just try not to think about it, there's not much more else you can do.

3. you could always worry about it until it turns you crazy and paranoid hahhaha

4. I would really like to hear everyones opinion on this as well. I am in a similar situation. I have tried researching helicopter detection techniques. I am curious if a helicopter can pick up like 3 small plants or if it has to be a large patch to put off enough heat. Realistically, what are the odds?

5. No one knows man. We dont know your neighbors, we dont know your parents, we dont know what strain your growing, we dont know how your growing it. All I can tell you is there is a chance, but it is small. If its not on your land, and they dont catch you going out to tend to them, they cant do anything because they wont know theyre yours.

6. Don't leave evidence. That's pretty much all I can say. Weed grows wild too and has been known to pop up in the strangest places.

I live in a city in kansas and I was out walking through some woods near my town and stumbled upon an entire field of growing wild marijuana plants. I just kept walking for a little bit and then just slowly came to a stop, looking all around me were marijuana plants, some as tall as 10 or 15 feet. I couldn't believe my eyes. (This was my first time ever seeing an actual marijuana plant.) It was all ditch-weed, no bud on any of the stems but that didn't stop me from stuffing my pockets full.

Always have an excuse to be doing what you're doing. Find a place far from where you know people are likely to be. Plant near other green plants. It's likely that if someone even walked nearby or against it, they probably wouldn't notice it unless it was in it's 3rd week of flowering or later.

And even so, there is no big initiative even from cops themselves to pursue a criminal investigation for a few plants in the wild. They would most likely just destroy the plants and call it a day.

7. You can be smart and cautious. This will greatly reduce your odds of getting in trouble. Know your rights. Keep your secrets well and with a little luck, your odds of getting busted really drop to nil.

I know a guy who knows a guy that had two undercover cops show up at his doorstep. They were dressed as punks and blatantly asked to come in. He told them to get the fuck off of his porch. They flashed a badge and he's like, "Get a warrant you fucking pricks." So they did. Apparently somebody else got into trouble and narked on him.

Thing is, he was smart enough to sneak everything out of his house before they had time to come back. When they did come back, they kicked in the door and searched the place, putting him in zip cuffs and basically harrassing him like the bad boy he is. Now he's suing the state for harrassment. I bet the judge is pretty pissed about how things were handled by the police. Hope it loosens things up around here for a while...

8. not likely...

just gotta be really smart. Plant them where no one would think to look.

9. simple, its as easy as setting rules for yourself.

1. don't tell anyone, not even your dog (you never know :p he might be wired)

2. don't show it to anyone

3. make sure its well hidden and smell is as least detectable as possible

4. lighting/watering.. remember people may see you walk in to water or notice lights turning on off

overall.. be stealthy like a ninja!

-bdiz

10. Do you really think the DEA cares about you growing a few plants...They have bigger fish to fry.

11. It is something we all worry about. If your spot provides MJ all of its necessities, and is fairly descrete the only chance of somebody discovering your plant is if they A, see you going back there on a daily basis; or B a chopper discovers it. (Option B is suprisingly kind of unlikely.)

When walking back to your spot maybe act like your riding your mountain bike, walking your dog or something of casual nature. Also bring a CLEAR pair of disposible gloves. (MAKE sure people do not see you have them on your hands. Another thing you can do to prevent evidence is put several layers of scotch tape over your shoes so you will not leave footprints and/or tracks. Some people say to wear a mask but we all know how abvious that would be. Maybe a hood or something. At the most maken sure nobody sees you walking back there. Last but not least, try as hard as you can not to bend or destroy any bushes, branches, twigs or things of that nature walking back. (However DO NOT keep walking around to make sure everything looks back to normal.)

I hope that helps as well as I hope you have the best of luck growing Mary Jane!