What are the Benefits of Smoking Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by krismartin, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hello guys,

I am addicted to smoking so please tell me, anyone, can I use smoking marijuana rather than other smoking.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dry and cure leaves no bud , crush and roll like a joint or cigarette

3. One of the benefits, it makes watching movies more fun ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. All depends on the person. Some get relief, others get anxiety others get more noticeable pains. I used to think I was addicted to weed. I kinda was, but ive quit what maybe 15 times now and although my high has changed from when I was young, i no longer feel like i have to smoke to eat, sleep, enjoy whatever im doing. When I quit I no longer sweat 24/7, i can sleep perfect without it etc. I think it has to do with how I was smoking, I was smoking before everything, when I quit all those times when id come back id smoke once or twice a day and be good for the day so I maintained that schedule rather than smoking before everything I do. So the less you make a habbit of something the easier it is to quit. Kinda feel like im repeating myself lol but yeah, just dont make a habbit of it and you wont rely on it.

5. I think you are asking if you can smoke marijuana as a replacement for smoking cigarettes?
    If you are 'addicted' to tobacco like I think you are saying then no. You are addicted to Nicotine,it is a physical addiction. Smoking weed may help fulfill any physical needs, feeling the joint in your fingers,sucking in smoke, etc. But it won't fulfill the chemical need your body has for nicotine. You will still go through withdrawal symptoms if you just switch. Smoking weed may help you deal with the stress/anger/anxiety part of nicotine withdrawal.
    I smoked cigs and weed for 40+years. Transitioned from cigs to vaping 4 years ago. Still get my nicotine, although I've cut the amount down to almost nothing now. Went from 2 packs a day ($15 around here) to $35 worth of ejuice and coils a month. My doctor also claims that my lungs sound a lot better since vaping nicotine. Just throwing that out as an option.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You can take CBD orally to reduce cue-induced cravings, which could be helpful in trying to quit. You could also buy a bunch of CBD hemp flower and smoke that instead, but I believe taking it orally would work better.

For me, consuming cannabis improves my appetite, reduces nausea associated with my IBD, and helps me sleep. I quit smoking it years ago, and now I pretty much only vaporize flower. I think it would be wise to quit smoking and switch to vaporizing, whether it be tobacco or cannabis.

7. Depends on a many levels of multitudes.
    Bullshit science or medical aside.
    For me, religious reasons for enjoying it, a way of living.
    Relief and help from pain and stress.
    Really, it is what you make of it.
    Believe in the "new reasons" for weed, and forget why cannabis has been around for thousands of years just ensalves you to the new mentality of thinking the world it's facing.
    And no, I wont get into any deeper of a convo on this. Just as it remains. Take what you will of what I say. And blaze on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Why tf are you recommending someone to smoke leaves and not bud?? :confused_2:

9. Am I the only one here who is confused?

10. Cannabis got me off cigs, I use a bubbler. it also is a great painkiller(Indica).

11. It makes me forget my anxiety and depression.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marijuana is not one-size-fits-all kinda product. One person may find relief in the same bud while the other might have heightened anxiety. If you're just starting out, experiment with the strains, read about them, and start small.

The benefits are many from the very nice high to much medical relief, try it out before making an opinion.

13. I use for mood pain and sleep. If I’m n pain I can’t sleep then I’m a dick.

14. I use the same strains!

15. You may find this to be interesting since you are trying to quit tobacco!

“Cannabidiol reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers: Preliminary findings” (PDF) Cannabidiol reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers: Preliminary findings

“24 smokers were randomised to receive an inhaler of CBD (n=12) or placebo (n=12) for one week, they were instructed to use the inhaler when they felt the urge to smoke. Over the treatment week, placebo treated smokers showed no differences in number of cigarettes smoked. In contrast, those treated with CBD significantly reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by ~40% during treatment. Results also indicated some maintenance of this effect at follow-up. These preliminary data, combined with the strong preclinical rationale for use of this compound, suggest CBD to be a potential treatment for nicotine addiction that warrants further exploration.“

Unless you are in a "legal" state, you won't be finding any CBD inhalers, but you might look for some "high CBD" cannabis. (I know that my favorite local dispensary has carried both and I live in a very rural area.)

Granny :wave: