What are some things you LIKE about America?

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Mar 27, 2012.

1. One of the easiest countries to start a business in. Lots of waterparks, too

2. the cars of course also freedom and the landscape

3. Incidentally, it's also one of the easiest countries in which to drive a business into the ground.

4. Do you have studies which promote such a claim or are you loosely referencing the 07-09 recession?

5. this too

6. he must be. this really is one of the easiest countries to start a business in. its pretty sweet. hooray capitalism. lol.

7. Here's what's up: we went to the Moon, invented cars, rock and roll, and breast implants, and we gave the world Jenna Jameson.

8. Not readily available, but I'm sure statistics could be readily found. Also, the past five years are quite sobering.

9. Music, the chillness of the average person you bump shoulders with in the grocery store, the fact that the most adorable kid ever (mine) was born here, red robin, having a chance to figure shit out on my own (as difficult it may be, due to calculated pressure from a million different sources), and the welfare I've been collecting for the past 10ish months. I think that's about it. Also good a availability of jiu jitsu.

10. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Slightly outdated, though still poignantly relevant.

"Across all sectors, the cohort has a survival rate of 44 percent in the fourth year (the end of the previous study) compared to 31 percent in the seventh year. (See Figure 1). This does not deviate from the previous study in that the largest exit of establishments occurred during the first and second years, and after the fourth year the percentage of establishments that exited the cohort slowed considerably. This shows that after four years, the survival rate is decreasing, albeit at a slower rate, and after seven years, a third of all establishments were still in businesses."

http://www.bls.gov/osmr/pdf/st060040.pdf

11. Variety of landscapes. The freedoms we have left. Being able to do whatevs under our pretty understandable laws (besides the few absurd ones, ie cannabis). Not sure of another nation I could wake up, go work and get my paycheck every week, get off work, make some art and sell it to whoever, and then have my own business detailing cars, and not have to pay taxes because it doesn't bring in more than $2000 a year (hopefully that'll actually change soon)

I love America.

12. Music!!! Jazz, R&B, Hip Hop, Funk.....basicly every good genre is American

i also enjoy American movies and BBQs

13. The ability to even post on the internet........

14. I like that EVERY SINGLE morning..

I wake up.. And have the OPTION to go to my job...

I enjoy pursuing the American dream aka living the struggle and getting to live to reminisce about it...

I like the fact I can walk next door and choose from 50 types of weed...

I like the fact that if theres someone/something in my life the I don't agree with that I'm ALLOWED to think differently.

I <3 America and everything about it besides the govt.

In my mind America is pretty much suppose to be 50mini countries with a safety net govt.

When it returns to that I'll be completely satisfied with my current life in America.

15. I like how slutty the women are and how good the marijuana is. Also the southern sea food.

Say what you want but very few women in different countries can shake their ass like a Grade A American PAWG. (Phat assed white girl), and good Cali bud can scarcely be argued with. Canada is up there with us though, and parts of central and south America would be cool if they could get the violence lower, and the weed quality higher.

Other than that though not too much. Most first world countries have all the things we tout as "freedoms", despite Americans often acting as if people in Europe can only have one kid and are forced to sweep the streets by armed militias its not really true.

Most first world countries have all the things we act like the sole owners of.

16. how i can always hear a thud when people are walking outside my house.

17. Education, freedom, opportunity, water, food, friends, security, protection, everything. My view on it is that im very blessed to be born into the American lifestyle. We complain about school and work but we really do have it made:high: im happy to be an american..

18. I like that i can go to a store and buy a ak47 also the medical marijuana and the colleges

19. I like being allowed to think and say whatever I want.

20. [quote name='"Hempire23"']I like being allowed to think and say whatever I want.[/quote]

.........You must not live in america