Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are some signs of good hash?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by isthisreallife, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I can spot good bud from a mile away but I'm clueless when it comes to identifying good hash.

2. You can tell by the color, and texture especially. If you can bend it and even break it in half without any crumbling, you probably have some nice hash.

3. HQ hash is kinda like a taffy or sticky texture from my experience. It will completely melt.

4. So if the hash is hard as a rock its usually not good?

5. no, alot of good bho out there is called "amber glass" it has a rock hard consistency and is usually semi transparent. It really depends on the kind of hash though, water extracted is alot different than BHO or iso

6. ya ^^ he is right. it matters on the extraction method. with a water extraction you wanna look for the density does it crumble or almost sticky but breaks off in chunks? color does it look like dense kief? smell?

with bho and co2 hashs, color smell taste are all big things for me. does it retain the smell of the strain used? taste sweet? i have tasted butane in some underpurged oils i have gotten. i have found amazing trim oil that was almost black and it knocked me on my ass but i find that the golden colored ones are always all around better. although you can have multiply types of this extraction, oil, wax, budder, amber glass, fullmelt, vacuumed purged oil

i made some black cherry chessecake kush bho that turned a golden red color. lost its flavor though. saving up to by a tanisium extractor. make med grade quality bho.

just my 2 cents

7. All I ever dealt with is mostly hash.You can't tell by it's smell/color or whatever.You can only be close to telling if it's good only by rubbing it with your finger,the more it's softer or smoother the better quality.

8. Hash comes in so many different shapes and sizes, it depends on the type.
    with solvent hash(iso, hexane, butane, etc etc) , the best stuff will be a well purged golden-blond color.
    usually the lighter stuff is better.
    with solvent-less, it's easier to just give it a sample.

9. Rule of thumb, if its hard its not so good. If its pliable and soft its usually good :)

10. No.You never know how much they compress it,or what chemical's they lace it with.I've tried many types of pliable hash and hard hash.Sometimes the hard stash can be better.Hash isn't like weed.Hash has ton's of more way's to be laced more than weed.Unless you've made the kief by yourself.You can't really tell how it is until you smoke it.

11. Makes me happy I live in a medical state. Can't even imagine having soapbar-esque hash.

If your bubble hash melts it's some good quality stuff. Once you get into oils it's a whole different story.