What are some principles that you live by?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mfia, Oct 5, 2010.

1. whatever feeeelssss right mayyne

2. 1.No Telling
    2.No Fakeness
    3.Do whatever makes you happy aslong as it doesnt interfere with the free will of others
    4.Preserve your life by any means necessary
    5.Live with honor never bow down 2 any other man

And most importantly Fuck The World

3. fuck bitches, get money

also,
    pimpin is and is not easy

4. Above all, you don't get caught. :p

5. Fuck bitches, Get money.

FUCK, someone already said that.
    Damn me for being late.

6. Be you. As soon as you are unhappy with yourself, then you`re not being you.

You are not your past, you are not you`re present. These are stories. Stories don`t make people. You are your future. What you see yourself being, what you want to be in the future is who you are. That is under your control.

Live to make yourself happy. You may hurt people along the way, but you`re going to end up doing that anyway. Why hold yourself back from the step you wished to have taken. What`s worse: doing something you wish you hadn`t or not doing something you wish you had?

Respect is earned, not given. Giving away respect demeans yourself, don`t expect to have respect given to you. Be a respectable person always.

Ignorance is not bliss, ignorance is torture to a knowledgable man. Ignorance is that empty feeling in your gut... the sense of incompleteness. Ignorance is aggravation.

Take the high road, smoke a blunt.

7. Never write graffiti on schools or churches.

8. Life is just what you perceive it as, if you're unhappy, change your outlook on life up a bit

it's actually alot easier than you think, just takes a strong mind/will.

Also, PLLLLEASE keep in mind, you're only human, you're an animal too.

9. Memento Mori. Remember that your mortal:)

10. - Only you can make yourself happy, therefore you should rely only on yourself for happiness

- Don't think of the past or future, they only exist in your mind and lead only to worry and unhappiness, live in the present moment, cease your thoughts and experience the only time that exists, now. This is my number 1 rule, as it seems to generate constant contentedness and happiness, at least for me. "Until you stop all your thoughts, you are tied to your surroundings". This is the only way to be truly free.

- Don't have expectations of anyone but yourself, this only leads to disappointment, you cannot control what others do, have expectations only of yourself, as you can control this, this leads to satisfaction

- Everything is nothing, all that exists will no longer exist in due time, life is a fleeting dream, so don't worry too much about anything that happens, don't invest too much worth in the physical life, because everything physical is going to change and wither away with time...

- Peace in one's mind and soul is more valuable than any material possession or physical reward. It is the only true way to assure happiness.

- Meditating every day, clearing your mind of all thought, is also key. This is true liberation from the senses.

That covers my main principles I think, if not directly then indirectly...

11. It's like reading Alan Watts all over again. :p

12. #33 thabosshogg, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010

Hehe, I hadn't heard of him until you posted this, but upon reading about him it seems we both really like zen buddhism... I think now I shall read some of his books.

13. i sincerely recommend it

14. If we all took an eye for an eye, the whole world would be blind in a matter of days.

Forgive, but don't forget.

Trust, I'd rather trust everyone, meet some incredible people along the way, and get fucked over a few times; Than to shut myself off to everything good in life.

Ultimately, I am what people think of me. What people think of me is directly related to what I have done in my past. The only way to change what people think of me, is to atone for my past, and make changes to myself in the present.

Do your best to not break a promise.. If you can't keep a promise- don't make it!

15. - Don't let the small shit get you down, there are much bigger things in this universe
    - Violence isn't the answer, be smarter then that
    - Trust is earned, don't hand it out
    - Be the change you want to see in the world
    - Follow no one, lead your own path
    - The key to life is to find your own happiness
    - Patient, and things will come to you.
    - Never believe what you hear, only believe what you see (unless on drugs. then forget both)

16. No, people would respect each other or know that they would be punished if they deviate from it. I treat everyone kind as hell until they give me a reason to be a prick to them. That's my idea of eye for an eye. You treat me good, I treat you good. You treat me like shit, I treat you like shit.

17. People don't usually treat other people like shit just to be mean. It's all a matter of perspective. Someone wrongs you- you wrong them back out of spite; and all of a sudden you've got other people wronging you to defend their friend that you wronged, and your friends are wronging them all in return.. turns into a wronging party.

An eye for an eye is archaic and primitive, hell, even the very book that COINED that phrase points out that it's a flawed concept.

There are usually more effective ways to right a wrong than by attacking the symptom.

18. -Self-Accountability
    -Reciprocal Morality
    -Discipline
    -Honesty

19. Non-aggression principle.
    100% self-ownership.