What are peoples view on the government?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BIG LURCH MOB L, May 9, 2011.

1. Don't even start me on the government....

Liars, scammers, PIGS....

2. I prefer a representative government than be ruled by big business who would charge us for air if they could get away with it.

The government is obligated to work for the public good for job security. Big business will do everything just short of hanging you upside down shake your money out of your pockets.

and if higher taxes for the rich means never worrying about being homeless and starving to death after losing a job, then I got one thing to say: grab your ankles, Paris Hilton!

3. LOL ok so it looks like the majority of people on here hate the government. Go live in the middle east or impoverished areas of south america or africa and then tell me you still hate our government. God damn.

4. Sounds to me that you are on board with the gov and what their doing. Its good to stay aware and know what is str8 and whats not. and the gov ain't str8

5. um, its a shitty situation but wtf im i gonna do about it... might as well enjoy what i got.

6. Controlled by the evil Rothschilds'...until enough citizens wake up

7. one of them went to a private school my friend went to in the chi. if i knew what i know now i would've asked him to say something.

8. Not a fan of the Gov. Just leave me alone and let me play xbox live and ill leave you alone while you concur the world.

9. I hate the government, much rather live somewere that doesnt have one, like.... Somalia maybe! :D

10. also this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kq0eL-ly8]YouTube - Tenacious D - The government[/ame]

11. The wealthy should be taxed at a much higher rate. And no, I'm not talking about the guy who makes $100,000, or even the small business owner that takes in $300,000. I am talking about the people who are multimillionaires, those have hundreds of millions in assets. Tax the shit out of them, at rates of 75% or higher. While we're at, raise the taxes on corporations too. During World War II, taxes on "excess profits" were as high as 94%. I don't know what exactly determined "excess profits" but I'm sure some economist/Congressman/financial guru can come up with a number, and if a corporation has profits above that number, all of it should go to the government.

In addition to the above, we should severely reduce government spending at the federal level.

Cut foreign aid. Yeah, it's all well and good to spend millions to help Africans, Haitians, or the latest place to be hit by a natural disaster. but come on. How many fucking people are starving and homeless in America? How many people live on the fucking streets begging for change while our government spends millions (probably billions) helping citizens of other nations?

Get the fuck out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Billions down the drain, helping people who frankly do not want our help. I agreed with the decision to go into Afghanistan, but now let's get out. We overthrew the Taliban, installed a pro-Western government. Good for us. Now we killed Osama, let's fucking leave. The same for Iraq. Oh and we shouldn't even be thinking about going into Libya.

Everyone saying how the Fed sucks may have a point, but the economy and the money creation process is seriously complicated. It's not as easy as "let's get rid of the Fed and all our problems will be fixed." And I'm sick of hearing about the size of the federal deficit and China owning a large portion of U.S. securities (I'm not saying anyone on here said it, because I didn't read the whole thread, but I've heard it numerous times on other forums). So fucking what? Here's an article explaining that, essentially, the size of the U.S. debt doesn't matter. Government Debt: Why it Doesn

12. what I hate about our government is how it's been raped into submission by money.:(

13. Fixed.

14. I've got a lot of complaints about the UK government, but at least it allows me the freedom to post about it on the internets. So it could be worse....

Tellin you tho, those PNAC guys over there in the US are what really gets me worried about the future/