What are marbles and hole for on a glass pipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Zach, Oct 21, 2015.

1. #1 Zach, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    just picked up a nice new bubbler, but I was wondering what the marbles and holes that they have are for? Not the carb but like on mine where it has a circular indent and a hole in the middle of it up towards the mouth piece Just got this baby and I love it. You can't see from this picture that good but it has a cool looking flower inside of a marble that's in front of the bowl and if you flip it over, it's a magic mushroom. Are these just decorations? Is the hole supposed to be where you grab it from? It's my first time using bubblers and I don't know how to properly hold it lol. Do you hole it by the neck? Is that why that hole is there?
    Sorry I'm pretty baked

Attached Files:

2. Anyone?

3. Those are purely aesthetic. They don't have a function other than looking cool. That's a cool piece, congratz!

4. The marble on that is just for looks. On steamrollers and spoon pipes the marble is a "roll-stop" so the pipe doesn't roll away or tip over.

That hole at the top that looks like a donut is sometimes referred to as a "Swiss perc". I've seen ones with a whole flat section filled with them. (Resembles a slice of Swiss cheese). The bubbles bounce around the holes and a an obstructed path leading to more cooling.