Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are Cigars For?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SaskKush, Mar 11, 2013.

1. What is the point in a cigar? Besides rolling blunts. I mean people smoke cigs because it takes off the edge and what not, but when smoking a cigar you're not even supposed to inhale the smoke. So what's the point in smoking cigars?

2. Pleasure. Some people just like the motion of smoking.

3. Some like the taste, some like to show how "fancy" they are

4. Lol I actually smoke cigars and inhale, Mainly the swisher BLK's. I like them because when I smoked cigs I would smoke 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day, With cigars I smoke 2 a day.
    And don't know about being "fancy", Most people I know buy the 89 cent cigars at gas stations.

5. I like the flavored ones. & I inhale them. Haha
    I smoke them when Im out of cigs mostly.

6. Because they want to look like 50 Cent in the P.I.M.P video

7. If you get a quality cigar they taste amazing, plus they are classy as fuck. I smoke Black and Milds too, but they can't even compare to a legit cigar.

8. They taste great, I was in Cuba a couple weeks ago and i smoked at least a dozen cigars. Romeo and Juliets, Montecristos and Cohibas...all smoked very well.
    Also I tend to inhale every once in a while when im smoking a cigar to get the nice headrush.

9. To smoke and enjoy their taste. Not all tobacco products are shittily made. But if I'm just going to smoke tobacco or a mix I'd rather get out my hookah, that way I can mix some weed in there and still get high while I enjoy the flavor of some shisha.

Re: black and milds: I wouldn't even use those for a little blunt, too bitter.

10. it's also a hassle.

11. For enjoyment. If you smoke a 2 hour long stick without hailing you're still gonna get a mega buzz. But cigarettes average 7 mg of nicotine in a stick but you only absorb one mg of nicotine from that. So you're not getting much nic from cigs either. Try snus, 22mg over a 2 hour period. 7mg in your body at a given time, such a buzz i'd call it a high.

12. If you take out the white paper lining on the inside of a black and mild, it improves the flavor greatly.

And as someone with a fairly large order on its way from cigar.com as I type this, cigars are great. It's no different really then someone that enjoys a high quality scotch or wine. The flavors in a decent cigar can be very complex and very aromatic and learning to appreciate and pick them out can be a treat. Also, there is no need to inhale cigars, as they actually work alot like chewing tobacco in that the nicotine is absorbed through your mouth. Also, there is a big difference between a hand roll cigar and a machine rolled, i.e.; Black and milds, wishers, philies etc, in that those are hardly any worse than a cigarette to inhale. Inhale a real cigar and you best be prepared to get knocked on your ass

13. Hmmm... I've always heard not to inhale cigars, especially a good one, but I've never seen why I shouldn't. They taste great, I want to sit there and pick through my brain what they put in it as that settles in my lungs. You do have to get used to it, but I don't see why not. And when I inhale a cigar it leaves me with a naste aftertaste for what feels like the longest time.

14. #14 Killionaire, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    I didn't say you can't, just that it'll knock you on your ass, A cigar packs a hell of alot more of a punch than a cigarette, thats all I'm saying bro. If you can do it without coughing up a lung or two then more power to ya. I do it occasionally too, actually.