Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What am I supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jacktheflipper, Mar 15, 2011.

1. So my mom recently found out I smoked, and at first she seemed okay with it. She took all my shit and stuff, but nothing I didn't expect. But then I come home and see that the bitch took my fucking wallet and she's sitting at the kitchen table with these marijuana "facts" she printed off, telling me she's considering sending me to rehab. I laugh, tell her she's overreacting and that you can't get addicted to weed. I told her I could stop anytime (which I could, although I'd rather not) and how sending me to rehab for weed is a complete waste of time and money, and she said she'd let the counselor decide that. She also tried to convince me that marijuana WAS physically addictive. What the fuck? So yeah, apparently she's sending me to a counselor too.

I tried showing her all the real facts and explaining to her that her shit was just government propaganda (she got them from a fucking drug addiction clinic, does she think it's legit when it's from a clinic??). Plus all my stuff cited scientific reports! But she told me that all the guys who wrote my stuff were probably "high of the reefer" when they wrote it. Dumb bitch...

And she told me she could call the cops on me. I said "if that's what you wanna do, I can't really stop you," and she didn't, but she probably would if I got caught again. So now I've got no money, no weed, and the possibility of rehab to look forward to. She fucked everything up. What am I supposed to do now? How can you convince someone you're not killing yourself with a dangerous drug when they've been completely brainwashed?

Btw, fuck anyone who says move out -- I'm still in high school (18yo senior, ffs) and I don't have a job (I've been looking for one for the past 4 months, though. I'll probably find one soon.).

2. Just stop until you're able to move out. She's obviously not going to change her views anytime soon. You can't win with some people; pick your battles. Etc etc.

3. find a way to get your own money like getting a job and only smoke when your not at home thats what i would do.

4. Weed or your mom man, choose. I love my parents to death. But some people can deal with their parents being mad at them, i cant. Id say just stop or be... i forgot what i was going to type, switched websites forr a whiel.

5. You don't actually have to move out. Bluff. Make a whole big stink about how you can't live somewhere if you don't have privacy, and that you and a couple of friends decided to all pitch in and rent an apartment. Make it look believable, pack your bags, get yourself ready to go. If she's anything like most mothers, she'll cave and let you stay+have more privacy

6. And if she doesn't cave in? I seriously can't afford to move out right now.

7. You sleep at a friends house for a day or two. Then call her.

8. sounds like the only option is to elimnate your mother and take her house as your own

9. My response is the same to everyone of these posts. If you are in your parents house you should respect their rules. If you cant afford to move out, stop smoking and save your money. Marijuana is a recreational activity, like anything else. If you can't afford it and it conflicts with your parents, stop doing it. When you are able to move out and live on your own you can start up again. When you're outside of the house, you can do it, but, while you're under their roof you need to respect their rules, no matter how ridiculous you think they are.

10. make a deal with her.. tell her you will promise to abide by her rules 100% if she just sits down and watches the union with you..
    then her rules might bend ;) sounds like shes pretty ignorant though. so glad my parents arent like that.. i would have the worst relationship with them if that was the case..
    i hate ignorance more than anything. not necessarily just ignorance to weed. i'd blow up at them after so long..

11. If you want to challenge her, this is the only way to go about it. You need to agree that if she doesn't change her mind you will stop smoking at the house and obey her rules but you would appreciate it if she would spend some time researching the subject in places OTHER than drug clinics. Have her watch the Union with you and show her some of the studies that have been done on marijuana. Again, I can't stress this enough, if she doesn't change her mind, you need to obey her rules.