What about this complete growing kit?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cikicianas, Dec 25, 2010.

1. If you have that kind of money, it seems like a decent package. One thing you will want to find out is the size of the buckets. I see a lot of ebb and flow kits with very small pots, like 2 gal, you want to find 3gal or larger for mj, imho. I know I have spent about $800 for my equipment, piece by piece, and Im in soil not hydro. If I had the money I would get stuff to fit my needs...like if you have a 1000 wat light you can get a bigger tent than a 4 x 4 but a 1000 watt in a 4x4 tent would be damn nice too, so you just have to figure out if all that stuff is the right fit for what you want to get out of it and the space to put it in.

2. 12 2-gallon pots.. so i guess its not worth to buy it. Maby somoene could suggest a propper kit, or an online hydro shop thats trustworthy and ships worldwide

3. The best kit is the one you put together yourself for your specific situation. I think a 1000W light in that space is overkill.

I also think i could assemble that kit much cheaper, piece by piece.

4. ....looks like a good setup to me....but, maybe a little expensive....I'd say your going to need an ec/tds/ppm meter along with all that too. My hydro store sells those 5 gallon buckets for $8.00 each (wtf???? :eek:) ...it's a fucking 5 gallon bucket! ...and those tents, holy shit, they are insane with the prices.

Get you some 2x4's and some panda poly, a drill, and some duct tape...build your own tent (saves hundreds!) ...get yourself some 5 gallon buckets, drill holes and run your own lines.

...here's a few ideas:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwJ1l02bEyQ&feature=related]YouTube - Super Simple Ebb & Flow Hydroponics System[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa69EDCwfak&feature=fvw]YouTube - Ebb & Gro Special Feature Final[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMf5k8Hpiw&feature=related]YouTube - Homemade Hydroponics - How to grow hydroponic peppers in a CAP ebb and grow system[/ame]

5. yeeah.. the problem is that i'm realy not a handy man:)) i have a buget of $2k and i wanna buy the equipment that is ready;)

6. I think it's not overkill because the lighting system is air cooled , dont u agree?

7. 1000W in a 4x4 tent (which is actually about 4.5x4.5) is only about 50W per sq. ft. which is definitely not overkill. In fact, you can add quite a bit of light still and not overdo it, so long as you can keep the temperature under control.

Perhaps with inferior Chinese knock-off gear but I still doubt it. Please correct me if I'm wrong and show us where we could get that same gear for less.

8. I dont have the time to research each part and where to order it cheap. I can tell you that I built 3 rooms... a 3'x4'x5 veg chamber, 5'x5'x5' flower, and 4'x4'x5' flower room. complete with lights, ventilation and pots for less than that entire kit cost.

9. ill repeat myself but its not about the price at all. i wanna grow a good yield of propper mj so i'm investing in it about $2k, maby more . My goal is to grow about 2lb so maby some tested links where i can buy good quality stuff? maby somwhere in this forum is an exact to-buy-list, that d do fine for me?

10. I'm in the same boat, as the author of this thread.
    I don't want to build a system, I want to buy one.
    I have a 12' x 12' room.

I'm considering a system like this for my pots, with a 1,000 watt light above.
    Multi Flow 12 Pot System - With Hydroton

How does that look?

11. the cap ebb and flow is a better system than the last two...

i'd have to say that that complete package is actually a pretty good deal... especially for a first time grower...

that bundle does not leave much out...

I have visited hydro stores, home depot, lowes, multiple plumbing stores so many times some people ask how i have been... my time is worth money.. i don't know about yours.. had i just coughed up the money the first time i would have just enjoyed growing rather than visiting stores all day

good luck with the purchase.. please start a journal.. it will help others

12. When i bought all my stuff i found the best price i could for individual pieces that i wanted online. I then went to a local grow store and asked if they would match prices to my surprise they beat every price. They gave me 20% off everything and i probably saved $400. I am a big proponent of giving local businesses my business. Now i live in a medical marijuana state and there are a lot of grow shops about you might not have that option. If you do its worth asking if they will give you a good discount worst they can say is no.
    I know this probably doesn't help you a whole lot but you might be able to save a bit of money.

13. yeah.. i live in a country where there are no growshops that sell proffessional equipment. i bet they've never even heard of hydroponics.. so i wanna buy everything online.

14. Im sticking to my original reply, its a good kit for a beginner with the cashflow on hand...yes the pots are small but you could always buy bigger ones and make them fit your tubing...but if youre not that handy of a dood then I suggest shopping around a bit more. Hmmm, ya know if youre not trying to grow like 2 lbs of tree, you might be able to get away with a 2 gallon pot...yes smaller pots = smaller root systems = less bud/plant but with 12 of em you could still get a decent yield overall imo....just depends on what you want out of it :) Im not too handy either but, if I had 2k, I would buy a kit that had everything but the hyrdro system and them build a bubble bucket system or flood table set up piece by piece, even if you have to have it al shipped, you could do it for 2k I think. Try looking here, HTG, they have great stuff for competitive prices.

15. If you want bigger buckets, just get this package instead: Platinum Plus+ Grower's Package. It has 5 gallon plant sites rather than 2 gallon ones. Also, bigger pots does not necessarily mean bigger plants, especially with hydroponics. Some of the biggest plants I ever grew were in 6" rockwool cubes and nothing else. In fact, I currently have 2 mothers, each about 5 ft tall and bushy as hell in 6" cubes. They just need to be watered often!