What’s wrong with this setup?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ineedmeamillion, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Is the lamp simply too high?
    I think so what do you think!

2. That light is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much for that cup. You’re better off with any other lightbulb in your home until that plant has some nodes and a bigger pot.

• Like Like x 2
  3. You're just wasting electricity right now. Any desk lamp a with a cfl will work at this stage.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. okay adjusting

5. From what I remember the light was way closer to the cups. Do you think that’s it?

6. I remember having it work this way.
    No lie

7. Just cause it worked
    Doesn’t mean it’s best.

You may have it work, but like others before mesaid. Your waisting power/ heat/ bulb hours ect ect.

A small cfl, a fluorescent shop light, anything of that smaller size will work for the first week. At least few days. Seeds don’t need very much intensity to grow.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Is the height okay? At the bags over the cups okay?
    Also which bulb exactly do you recommend I purchase for the next cups or these. Can’t fail

9. Bags over cups are ok until the sprouts pop above ground then you can leave them on for a day or two after. The reason for bags is to kee the soil from drying out. Sprouts need moisture but not saturation.

There’s a ton of cheap propagation lighting solutions

Most veggies and herbs love full sun. If you’re starting seedlings, bright supplemental light helps young plants thrive, achieve steady growth, and makes it possible to grow unusual varieties from seed.

The same fixtures used in workshops, called shop lights, are great for growing seedlings, and many come with hanging chains that make it easy to adjust their height as the plants

Types of Lights for Seed Starting:

Traditional T-12 bulbs are the widest fluorescent bulbs and fit most fixtures. Although T-12 bulbs are not as efficient as newer types, two bulbs provide ample light for growing seedlings. Keep bulbs within 2” of the tops of the plants.

Efficient T8 fluorescent bulbs put out more light than T-12s, and some fixtures have Energy Star ratings. Specialized light fixtures for growing plants sometimes specify T8 bulbs, which can be kept 2”-3” from the tops of the plants.

High-efficiency T5 fluorescent bulbs are so bright that one T5 bulb does the work of two traditional bulbs. A 2’ T5 fixture is perfect for a small tabletop space. Keep T5 bulbs 5”-6” from the tops of the plants.

Newer LED tube lights are brighter and 43 percent more energy efficient than traditional fluorescent bulbs. LED bulbs cost a little more than fluorescents, but they can last for decades, save energy and give off very little heat. And plants love them when placed about 4” away.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Don't get me wrong, it will work. I'm just pointing out it's just a very strong light for their needs right now. So a smaller light could be used instead. It would save you some money on electricity. People use cfl's because they can't hurt seedlings. They just don't have the intensity that a HID has.

But if that's all you've got then use it. Yeah, keep it high as the seedlings pop from the ground and gradually lower it over time as they grow.