What’s Next For Legalization 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Sep 13, 2019.

1. You likely will have a better chance than we will in the south. I did hear that Florida May put rec weed on the ballot next year. Heck, only north Fl is really the south.

2. I hope we both have a good chance. Oh i thought Fl. was legal for rec and med? Lol yeah right,,i lived in plant city for 5yrs everyone tries to play thuggy lil city boys

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. once we get one southern state then the rest will follow.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes if we elect a Democrat. No if we elect a Republican. Choose wisely.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  5. THIS!!!!!!

6. Yes, Illinois and Michigan are next door. The only thing you can buy in Indiana legally is firearms apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The majority of Americans want a lot of things we are not getting... like more gun control measures... but we are not getting it. We've been under an oligarchy for far too long... the US is presently NOT a democracy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Any hope that Kentuckians vote this evil, repugnant human being out of office? I'd like to go "grim reaper" on Mitch (to quote back one of his lines).Watch the entire nation descend on Kentucky in the upcoming months with billboards, marches, and other grass roots movements (no pun intended) to get people's head out of their asses!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey all - I think the most effective solution to legalize marijuana in your state is to get it on your state's ballot for 2020. Don't wait for federal legalization. Two reasons: 1) It's your best shot to make it legal in your area as quickly as possible (unless you are in IL and your legislature can pass legalization via referendum) and 2) If legalization is on the ballot, more people will come out to vote that share the same general viewpoints on many issues in addition to legalization which will influence the candidates we agree with get voted into office.

Just spread the word... try to get it on your state ballot... tell your friends!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Means nothing as long as McConnell is head of the Senate. The bill will be DOA in the Senate like so many other bills Mitch has buried... WITHOUT A SENATE HEARING OR VOTE!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Im seeing some local progress, decisions are to be made by/around tax time if it's gonna happen anytime soon.

I'm with you dobro, I've been recently trying to get more involved and it seems like the parade is a block or two away still...

• Like Like x 1
  12. One step at a time I guess but it is frustrating. Cool name and avatar.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. We already passed the tipping point when California launched their massive, legal, marijuana market at the beginning of 2018. State-by-state is how we end the fraudulently enacted, marijuana prohibition.

Recently the governors of most of the remaining prohibition states in the N.E. met to plan a group move into legalization. So, the Northeast will soon become completely Free, like the West Coast.

Governors Of Northeastern States Adopt Coordinated Marijuana Legalization Plan

Add to that the other states on the cusp of re-legalization - Pennsylvania, New Mexico, Florida, etc., and there will be no way the federal prohibition can survive the 2020 election.

Keep your eyes on Mexico. - The whole country is about to legalize marijuana any day now.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. If they leave it to the states like is happening now, red states will drag on for years. Booze laws, lotto laws, etc were the same way. There is a Gallap poll today in favor of legalization. I am really interested to know how many ballot initiatives there will be next year. And where.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Conservative states and leaders drag their feet on many things... hence, the word "conservative".

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. It's hard to say how many ballot initiatives there will be. Much can happen between now and November 2020. - Also Vermont and Illinois have broken the mold of re-legalizing marijuana just by ballot initiatives, since they enacted their legalization by the legislature. As mentioned, the Northeast states are planning such a move.

Soon, under all this pressure, the fraudulently enacted, federal prohibition will finally crack, and that will be the end of it. Polls show even a majority of Republicans now want to end the insane witch-hunt.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not sure what the problem is for NH, they are surrounded by legal states?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I see that New Hampshire has medical and decrim with a maximum fine of $100, like a traffic ticket. -- How's that working out for you?

The problem for complete legalization seems to mostly reside in Republican Gov. Chris Sununu. - It can be hard to overcome a prohibitionist governor. - I see NH doesn't have a NORML chapter. -- It would be a good idea to get one going.

• Like Like x 1