What’s Next For Legalization 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Sep 13, 2019.

1. I’ve been reading around and looking for the next states and municipalities with regards to the legal movement. These news and legal threads seem to be half dead lately. I recently joined NORML after many years of being afraid to and I feel like I’m on an island there too. No conversation to be found except FB and I’ll never join that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. TO ME........the "fate" is simple......IT WILL become legal nationwide at some point........my opinion anyway.....too much money for them to make "using" that

• Like Like x 2
  3. Last i had heard 2020 was suppose to be federally lagalized but i dont know if i believe that one!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OH that would be BAD ASS!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. For realz tho!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I mean....DID YOU REALLY HEAR this??? I just don't believe....it seems too easy.....too soon....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I get stuff threw email and it was about weed just needs to be legal on a fedral level but no one can override feds,,,this is were it got good,,,the only ones that can do it is the surgeon general so supposedly they stepped in and started puttin the heat on the feds

• Like Like x 3
  8. And i heard the feds have all kinds of land were they grow,,so with that said id say their planning somethin with all this bud if its true

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah.... I mean to me.......ITS OBVIOUS as to why it should be legal.......we just can't these "ole schoolers"to get on board....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah.....and MORE SO.......they have DATA that shows.........."what they claim is false".....

• Like Like x 2
  11. I heard legalization was likely in 1972.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I believe you heard right...........just didnt become "matter of fact"

• Like Like x 2
  13. That would be nice and I’d like to think possible. In the 30 years that I’ve been barking about this I’ve been disappointed many times. It would be great to finally get the win.:love-mj2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Cross our fingers

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Expect over the next decade, the federal government regardless of which party wins the presidency, will continue to allow states to decide and not force the issue universally. That is because it is too controversial in many more conservative states, and the roll-out in states where it has become rec legal has had serious problems. The black market here in California is an especially negative issue that our politicians don't seem to be serious about doing much about. In fact one can expect there are many that want such problems as an excuse to prevent legal recreational use. Before those issues are resolved there is little chance people in conservative states will move any closer. And now with the lung vaping damage in the news, the situation is worse than ever this decade.

What I do expect may happen, especially if Democrats get back into the presidency, is the federal government will set up limited tax and banking policies for those states where it has been made legal. However interstate cannabis commerce is likely a decade away if that ever happens. In states where it has become rec legal, allowing rec edibles IMO was counterproductive as there are too many ways for that to cause problems that simply smoking flower one need not worry about. A worse can of worms is vaping due to all the nicotine flavor vape chemicals that have been allowed to be put into products without adequate consumer control. One can expect weed haters are now laughing their a$$es off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Your vote is your voice.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Too bad politicians are deaf

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. They arent "deaf"......just obeying the REAL POLITICIANS".....

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Is it just me, or is this "social justice/equity/reparations" demand a politically correct nightmare that is blocking legalization? - As I understand it, these groups want to assist some minorities to "get into the business." But is that really an effective strategy for marijuana reform, or even real justice for the millions of people who have had their lives destroyed by a marijuana arrest?

It seems to me that, at best, this demand would help a tiny amount of people. If justice is what you really want, wouldn't it be better to just ask for compensation for ALL the victims, instead of trying to "lift up minority communities" on the back of marijuana reform?

Isn't the best justice of all simply stopping the punishment of all adult consumers?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. I understand your pessimism. - I have been a marijuana consumer for almost half a century (in 2020). It seemed like the system was so totally stacked that no reform could ever happen. - Then, 1996 came along with legal, medical marijuana in California and the arrival of the Internet, which broke the media stranglehold on the truth.

That changed everything and we now have 11 legal states, with more on the way. - Polls show 65 percent of all Americans want to end the fraudulently enacted prohibition. - Even a majority (though small) of Republicans now want to re-legalize marijuana. All the Dem presidential candidates, except Biden, support it. No one knows where Trump really stands, but at least he has not come out against legalization.

Canada has legalized marijuana nationally, and Mexico is going to do so any day now. - I see much more cause for optimism than pessimism these days.

• Like Like x 3