What’s lighter fluid supposed to taste like?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlueBastard, Jan 11, 2019.

1. I always hear about people switching to hemp wick n shit cause they can taste lighter fluid. What’s that supposed to taste like exactly? Because I’ve never tasted it. Does it taste like it smells?

I do taste something that might be lighter fluid when smoking out of bongs sometimes. It’s like a sweet chemical taste. No, it’s not my weed. Or maybe it’s the taste of certain weed, I don’t fucking know.

Sorry if nothing makes since, I’m blasted right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The only time I can taste something nasty is when I've used a match to light a J/bowl.. I always use lighters on my bong & never taste any gas :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Take one of those cheap translucent lighters, and compare it to a normal bic lighter...
    Press the little nub on the lighter to release the gas, just take a small whiff of both lighters. (it wont kill you)
    You'll notice the cheap lighters have a pungent smell that would mess up a bowls flavor.
    The BIC lighters have much less, if any smell...
    Its like buying cheap fluid for a zippo, versus expensive, more refined stuff.
    You wouldn't light up a nice cigar or blunt using lighter-fluid that tastes like shit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Takes half a second of flame to light that bud anyway. A bic lighter and your good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Have u ever used a zippo? That smell is what ull taste

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

6. B
    But what lighter fluid DOESN’T taste like shit? Not including the fluid that doesn’t taste like anything? Are there even any good fluid flavors?

7. refined butane will have less or no smell to it, if the company doesn't add sulfur to it. Always sold in aerosol type cans
    shelf-stable liquid fuels like ronson or zippo fluid will always have a smell to them because of petroleum based naptha. That's what gives it a gasoline type smell.

Butane is what's in BIC lighters, its under pressure so it remains a liquid.
    That's why they can burst if you cash out a metal pipe with it.
    If it was normal liquid fuel it would just run all over.

There are no flavors for butane or liquid fuel.... lol...
    That would be a prime way to rob people of brain cells.

8. It was a joke, lol.

9. I know you was playing but the people whining about that shit are the same ones that need flavored wraps and weed with names, haha. Unless you're growing who cares what the name is.

*Edit This includes folks using it for medicinal purposes, obviously they'd need to know. I'm high, don't start yelling at me.

But yea, Bic. Got a drawer full of almost empties. They come in handy. And you always get a new before it dies, sucks to be standing around needing a light.

10. Yeah like other people said a bic or other good quality lighter shouldn't have much taste. I think it's probably something you'll notice mostly if you used only hemp wick for a while then switched back to just a lighter.

I always try to use my lighter as little as I need and just get a cherry going instead.